Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with sending email  (Read 8275 times)

Izv143

• Anope User
    • www.krajinalive.com
Problem with sending email
« on: September 24, 2008, 11:06:30 AM »

I have an e-mail address on totally another server what would be SendMailpath "IP /usr/sbin/sendmail -t" or something else ?

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
Re: Problem with sending email
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »

OK, If you want to use a non-local mail server you need to use "anopesmtp <ip>" for example "anopesmtp 192.168.1.10"

The IP specified must be the IP of a server running an SMTP server that will allow UNAUTHENTICATED relaying from the box running Anope.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 03:16:11 PM »

You say you have an email address on another server, but that doesn't necessarily mean email has to be send through it. In most cases you will still be able to use a local sendmail, which is also much better then using anopesmtp since the latter is a single threaded extension to anope. If anopesmtp needs 10 seconds to send the mail because the smtp server doesn't respond right away for example, all of anope will hang for that time.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Izv143

• Anope User
    • www.krajinalive.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:13:03 AM »

My situation is: IRCD server and its services are on the shell I bought form shell provider and hosting of the site is on the bluehost for example and e-mail address is in there too now I have to set Sendmail to that e-mail which is on the bluehost but services are on the shell and as the jobe said all i have to do is  install anopesmtp ( I mean ask shell provider to install it) and set up everething.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »

My situation is: IRCD server and its services are on the shell I bought form shell provider and hosting of the site is on the bluehost for example and e-mail address is in there too now I have to set Sendmail to that e-mail which is on the bluehost but services are on the shell and as the jobe said all i have to do is  install anopesmtp ( I mean ask shell provider to install it) and set up everething.

You don't need the host to install anopesmtp, since it's supplied WITH anope and simply using "anopesmtp <ip>" for SendMailPath will work.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up