Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is there any cs_why update?  (Read 6486 times)

damk

• Anope User
    • www.pertaminux.org
is there any cs_why update?
« on: February 09, 2009, 06:09:11 AM »

Hello Everybody;

I'm getting error "PANIC! Buffer =" error at random time and random activity (seen in log)
for example, when user SJOIN, get INFO, etc. This happens after I add module cs_why.so
which I installed it by direction I found in docs/INSTALL.
I've tried,
commented the line:
    /* int i; */      at the line 101, because it said it's unused and it's warning free at compile time.
added "const":
    const char *xop;          at the line 152. <-- after this I get warning free at compile time.

I tried both with default file and with file I edited above, still with same error.

Is there any update for 1.7.23b to this cs_why.c module? I've looked for it in drstein's website with no luck.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:32:01 AM by damk »

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
Re: is there any cs_why update?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 03:39:11 PM »

I had to do some searching to even find this module as its never been on the module site, I dont recall seeing it on the old site either before it was taken down.
   I'd imagine it would need more then an "update" to work on 1.7.23b as you ask.
This was in the module file:
    - Anope 1.7.9 or later
    - Unreal 3.2.3 is recommended but should work with
      other IRCds as well.

Thats going back some time

katsklaw

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 02:16:59 AM »

Actually it should work as-is since all it does is read data from a data structure that has not changed in a few years. The Channel Access list to be exact.

There is a bug in the original that I supplied DrStein with a patch for that would tell you a person had no access if the user was the founder and there was an empty access list. Whether he patched the module or not, I don't know.

I found the module via google easy enough, but it's on an unknown 3rd party site, use at your own risk and I haven't checked to see if the bug has been fixed. If not, I can fix it and upload it to the new site as-is with no support nor windows binaries.

Let me know.

damk

• Anope User
    • www.pertaminux.org
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:25:31 PM »

Guys,
Maybe I forgot to mention that my ircd is bahamut 1.8.(04), sorry.

@katsklaw,
please be kind to upload a new file with your patch, or maybe rewrite the entire module.

katsklaw

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »

there is no need to re-write the whole module, but i'll get around to patching when I can.

damk

• Anope User
    • www.pertaminux.org
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »

I figured out what caused the error, It's all fixed now, and I can even find the patch which katsklaw said about founder access too.
case closed.
thanks a lot guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up