Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let Denora join every (new registered) chan  (Read 10087 times)

cmvdeeden

• Anope User
Let Denora join every (new registered) chan
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »

Is it possible to let Denora join every chan that is registered and when someone registers a new channel it'll also join?

Hal9000

• Team
Re: Let Denora join every (new registered) chan
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:00:51 PM »

no, as this could be easily exploited by lamers to flood the sql server.
but you could make a module for it, of course...

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:21:21 PM »

The biggest problem with this is also that Denora does not know when a channel is registered or not. So the best place for such a feature is in ChanServ.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

cmvdeeden

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:35:41 AM »

Well, the problem is that we are using Denora to show our chanstats on our website. But we'd like to let Denora monitor every channel automaticly. Now Denora will only monitor a channel when we say so.

Making a module is, by me, far impossible. I don't know anything about it and the structure of Denora is way different than Anope, so changing a module will not work for me.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 01:42:50 AM »

I really don't know much about Denora to be honest (pretty much forgot everything), I'm not one that uses a statserv of any kind. However, I can easily whip up an Anope module that could send a command string to statserv as if it was a user if denora joins channels already via a command like say: /msg statserv join #Channel or whatever the syntax may be. It's very easy to hook registrations/drops/suspensions ... etc.

Perhaps a feature can come from this? How about allowing ulined servers to communicate with Denora for this instead of sending commands as a normal client?

Not sure it can work exactly this way but something like:
Code: [Select]
c = createCommand("CSTATS", do_chanstats, is_uline, -1, -1, -1, -1);
If something like does work and I'll try later, then it shouldn't be so hard to do up a patch for you. If that doesn't work it's likely to take a lot longer.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:51:36 AM by katsklaw »

cmvdeeden

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »

The feature you're talking about looks very nice.

Let's hope for this!

Hal9000

• Team
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 04:47:07 PM »

How about allowing ulined servers to communicate with Denora for this instead of sending commands as a normal client?

That would be a good idea indeed, as right now it is mandatory that you login first. But yeah, a ulined client could just send the command and denora accept it. What do you think Jens?

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

I could live with that, though I'd probably go with something a lil more secure then just "ulined" especially since Denora gets its definition of ulined from it's uplink server. For example I would have a list of servers in denora.conf that Denora would see as being "ulined", and then any user connected to those servers (as Denora sees them) would be considered acceptable sources for such commands.

Or alternatively, seeing as within IRC a server name is a legal source for a PRIVMSG or NOTICE, the command could be limited to servers instead of ulined users.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:53 AM »

I could live with that, though I'd probably go with something a lil more secure then just "ulined" especially since Denora gets its definition of ulined from it's uplink server. For example I would have a list of servers in denora.conf that Denora would see as being "ulined", and then any user connected to those servers (as Denora sees them) would be considered acceptable sources for such commands.

Or alternatively, seeing as within IRC a server name is a legal source for a PRIVMSG or NOTICE, the command could be limited to servers instead of ulined users.

Very valid point indeed. Anope already uses a ulined block, perhaps Denora can too since the code is so similiar. I can also live with the server sending commands as well. Lets do this as maybe a precursor to an API of sorts so ircd's can in the future send and share information.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:00:57 AM by katsklaw »
Pages: [1]   Go Up