Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send mail upon reg. with NickServ (Anope 1.8.6 (3072) on Windows 7 32bit)  (Read 7782 times)

Plexi/Dennis

• Anope User

Hi there!

First of all I'd like to thank all you guys at Anope for providing this VERY cool services pack - and even FOR FREE!!! :)

I'm kind of new to IRC (I've been using it for approximately 2 years) and I'm even newer to running a whole IRC server including services but I'm learning fast (myself being asked), haha! ;)

So far I have it all running just fine and I've tought myself a lot of features but one thing I JUST CAN'T figure out is how to get to receive the email Anope should send upon registering a nick? ???

I have searched Google and read a lot of topics in this forum but none of them seemed to cover a solution for my problem so now I try to post it. I have even tried MANY different "settings" in the services.conf file under both the NickServ and Email sections...
Following is a copy+paste (exept for all the explanatory text, to shorten it up) of my services.conf file:
Code: [Select]
###########################################################################
#
# Mail-related options
#

UseMail

SendMailPath "anopesmtp 127.0.0.1"

SendFrom "someadress@somemailprovider.somedomain"

#RestrictMail

MailDelay 30s

#DontQuoteAddresses

#ForkForMail

#
# NickServ configuration
#

NSForceEmail

NSEmailReg

#NSDefNone

NSDefKill
NSDefKillQuick
NSDefSecure
NSDefPrivate
NSDefHideEmail
NSDefHideUsermask
#NSDefHideQuit
#NSDefMsg
NSDefMemoSignon
NSDefMemoReceive
NSDefAutoop

NSDefLanguage 1

NSRegDelay  30s

NSResendDelay  30s

NSExpire    21d

NSRExpire 1d

NSMaxAliases    10

NSAccessMax 32

NSEnforcerUser  enforcer@dj-plexi.dk
#NSEnforcerUser enforcer

NSReleaseTimeout 1m

NSAllowKillImmed

#NSNoGroupChange

#NSListOpersOnly

NSListMax   50

NSGuestNickPrefix   "PNIS"

NSSecureAdmins

NSStrictPrivileges

NSModeOnID

#NSRestrictGetPass

NSNickTracking

#NSAddAccessOnReg

As I said I really have tried MANY settings - especially the
SendMailPath "anopesmtp 127.0.0.1"have I "fooled around" with according to some of the many topics I've read around the Internet.
I tried the localhost (127.0.0.1) IP, my external (ISP) IP, my computers (DHCP) IP, my website hosts mailserver IPs (they provide one that requires authentication and one that does not) and I've even tried the DNS adresses for these IPs.

I can see that Anope launches a console and closes this again whereafter a notice is being sent to me:
-NickServ- A passcode has been sent to someadress@somemailprovider.somedomain, please type /msg NickServ confirm <passcode> to complete registrationbut I just never receive the email!
The email in the
SendFrom "someadress@somemailprovider.somedomain"directive DOES exist and I even tried using an emailadress that is located on the server of my website host - still no email.

Any info I've forgotten? I don't know but I THINK I've provided a damn lot of info compared to what people normally do when posting on forums! ;)

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated - thanks in advance! :D

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor

Hi Dennis,

Really good to see someone take the time to write a well structured post and offer their thanks as well.

My honest opinion fella would be to find a cheap linux ircd shell which will have a working mail transfer agent as the anopesmtp one is a bit dodgy to be honest and was only ever to be used as a workaround but it's even less useful on windows.

There's a few places I've listed on www.anope.org/sponsors.php that offer cheap shells (some even with automatic set up of anope/ircd) that I think would give you and your friends a better experience all in.

Catch me on irc if you need any further advice on the shell etc, I'm chaz on irc.anope.org.

Plexi/Dennis

• Anope User

Hi Charles.

Thanks for your reply - and I'm glad you liked my post. I certainly did spend a lot of time making it clear and well formulated (I hope it was as I'm danish). :)

As for the shell: Thanks for the suggestion but I didn't intend to spend money on these things at the moment as I'm not going to use it for something very serious - just to see if I was even able to setup these things but I couldn't figure out to get the email-thing working.
I tought myself some ASP and PHP coding as well so I'm pretty interested in coding and stuff. :)

Would it be a good idea - you think - to find some software where you can run a "Linux shell thing" on windows?
And is there any other module/component I can use with Anope (on Windows)?

Once again thanks for this services pack and thanks for Your reply. Thumbs up!
Have a nice day. ;D

VisioN

• Contributor
    • myIRC Project Hosting IRC Network

I happen to have a shell in a box using Debian that can be used for your ircd + services hosting and I can lend it to you as I don't intend to use it for quite a while. If you are interested I can pm you the login details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up