Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Co-founder level  (Read 8911 times)

Ikkitousen

Co-founder level
« on: July 10, 2006, 05:38:02 PM »

I'm looking for a module, where you don't have to identify the password to get founder status, but the founder can add you to the co-founder list, like hop/aop/sop, also, a module where you can avoice everyone that enters the room, as well as being able to set multiple entrymsg's, like, add, del, etc.

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by Ikkitousen]

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:06:38 AM »

Did you not bother reading the reply to your last thread?

http://forum.anope.org/viewthread.php?tid=559

That explains a bit.

Ikkitousen

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:00:59 AM »

did, didn't work :\

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 12:13:14 AM »

why do you think it's wise to have founder access to a channel without the need of identification when it is ALOT more secure with password authentication?

Ikkitousen

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 01:19:35 AM »

well, meant to say co-founder access, choose a user to have most access to the channel, I've had problems with identification, well, one of my friends got angry, and went on a banning spree, when I tried to remove the person off the channel, since they had most access to the channel, the only way for that person to loose it. is if they went off the server and come back on.  With a command such as CF or so, just like SOP you can remove that person's status, without the whole hassle.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 01:36:45 AM »

your lucky you didn't lose your channel if your "friend" had the channel password. This is why SECUREFOUNDER is so useful .. worst case scenerio then would be that you change the founder password and unban a few people. Changing the channel password would be basicly the same as removing the user as co-founder. Changing the password on a regular basis is good security to start with.

Don't misplace my meaning, I don't oppose co-founder. I just don't think there is a need for it while Anope has it's current feature set.

Ikkitousen

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 01:47:24 AM »

SECUREFOUNDER was on, and I did change the password, yet the person still had founder access.  Just feels in my opinion the only needed password would be nickserv, chanserv identify just seems too dangerous, I mean, sometimes people accidently let out the password if their typing too fast, or someone simply guesses.

[Edited on 12-7-2006 by Ikkitousen]

SpaceDoG

• Anope User
    • http://www.hypermutt.net
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 01:49:19 AM »

that's why you join and do /mode #channel -q personhere or you message an IRCop and have them do /samode #channel -q personhere provided your IRCd is Unreal.

Ikkitousen

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 01:56:01 AM »

server I go to, the IRCops don't help with channel takeovers or somewhat, and I'm starting a server of my own, I need a service that can take out most of the danger of that

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 03:38:41 AM »

I still don't see how requiring authentication is less secure than not requiring it.

Ikkitousen

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 03:43:48 AM »

everyone has their own opinions, if we didn't what fun would this world be? you have what you think best, I have mine, and I believe that instead of a identification, just add another level after SOP.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 09:22:32 AM »

Why does your friend _need_ co-founder? Why don't you just make him a level 9999 which will sit him higher than everyone else. Only he won't get ~ unless you use cs_accessfounder.

SpaceDoG

• Anope User
    • http://www.hypermutt.net
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 02:32:58 PM »

Well Ikkitousen (which is a good anime) if you're looking for a network I keep my doors open. Just ask Chaz ^.^ I have roughly 150 users on average and never have channel take over problems. If people don't follow the rules then they are removed as simple as that. Just ask the AOL users who email me on a regular basis because I blocked their whole ISP and they have to be re-added 1 at a time and can't possibly ban evade because they would have to change their client configuration which would lose their authentication. ;-) If that's not security I don't know what is.

Ikkitousen

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 04:23:23 PM »

anyways, no more about this, I found a service that fits my needs, good day :) (note: at the time, I didn't use the access option, I was on xOP, currently I'm using access, but when my server gets up, I'll be changing)

[Edited on 12-7-2006 by Ikkitousen]
Pages: [1]   Go Up