Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Assistance  (Read 3791 times)

Hassankhalid

Need Assistance
« on: April 30, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »

4:54pm] <13@Global> IDENTIFY 6667: user record for dark4316 not found
[4:54pm] <13@Global> SQUIT for nonexistent server (NickServ@Services.Name.Net)!!
[4:54pm] <13@Global> IDENTIFY 6667: user record for dark3168 not found
[4:54pm] <13@Global> SQUIT for nonexistent server (NickServ@Services.Name.Net)!!

how i can fix this  i did  clean install from  zero  any  idea????

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:15:20 PM »

how do you think to get help with such a question? You also dont drink whiskey before your application-talk if you like to have that job...

so:
- clear up your quotes
- give the supporters more informaitons on which system you're running anope

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 12:12:12 AM »

SNU,

1. Drinking has nothing to do with it, claiming someone should not drink before posting simply because YOU don't understand their question is just rude!

2. There are hints as to what may be the problem in the information already given, perhaps you lack the experience to see it.

So if you don't understand the question, be a better helper and ask questions instead of flaming the person needing help.

Hassankhalid,

SNU is right to a degree, the more information the better. However, based on what you have posted I'd start by looking at your ulines. The ulines block|directive|U:Lines depending on the ircd must match the ServerName directive in the services.conf exactly!!

This means that you must have "Services.Name.Net" in the ulines and not "SeRvIcEs.NaMe.NeT" because they are not the same. Please check /stats U (yes, uppercase U) and make sure it matches. If you have more than 1 ircd, then they must ALL match before you start services.

To learn exactly what your ulines should look like, consult your IRCd's support team and/or the supplied documentation.

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »

Also, information on what version of anope and what ircd and what version of your ircd you run would be very helpful

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:18:11 PM »

i used to notice something similar - haven't been checking it anymore lately though...
I ran a combination of unrealircd 3.2.4 (and later 3.2.5) and an up-to-date anope - i think it were svn versions of .15 to .17.
the net was run off shells and i had trouble getting TS perfectly synced between all servers, so i thought it was caused by the TS desyncs that existed between 2 servers and the rest of the net...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

that's true, viper. A large TS offset between ircd's can cause this too.

genetix

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 02:33:26 AM »

We're also experiencing the same problem on our network.

We're running UnrealIRCd 3.2.7 with  Anope 1.7.19.

Our logging channel is literally filled with the following:

[08:06am] <&Global> SQUIT for nonexistent server (NickServ@services.gigacrew.net)!!
[08:06am] <&Global> IDENTIFY multipledishes: user record for genesis not found

I've tried re-compiling, but the problem seems to persist.
Any ideas as to the cause and possible solution?

Armadillo

• Anope User
    • http://www.penguinfriends.org
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 11:02:30 AM »

@ genetix: You can check the time offset with this command:
Code: [Select]
/tsctl alltime
Then you get the times of the servers in the network and how many seconds difference they have.

If the offset is very large you can use the os_tssync module to sync the time of the ircds.
IRC-Network: irc.PenguinFriends.org | Website: www.PenguinFriends.org
Anope: 1.9.9 | InspIRCd: 2.0

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »

If the offset is very large you can use the os_tssync module to sync the time of the ircds.

it s preferable to syn the TS on the servers your ircd is running in though... the os_tssync module may cause your ircd to hang for the amount of time it s off. So if your ircd is 2 hours ahead, it may be completely unresponsive for 2 full hours.

genetix, how many servers in your network ?
since you say to be running unrealircd - which has a built in client to sync time - it may even happen when you only have 1 ircd and services on one box.
If unreal syncs its internal clock using the built in ntp client and the time is off quite a bit, unreal will not be using the same time as anope, even though they run on the same box, because anope always uses the servers' clock, whereas unreal will attempt to use its own clock synced to NTP by default.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up