Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Module to Kick capped nicks from certain channels  (Read 5933 times)

Dreagan

Module to Kick capped nicks from certain channels
« on: July 03, 2006, 03:58:59 PM »

Hello all,

quick question for the coders here

Is there anyway to set up a new module or perhaps modify the avoice module to kick capped nicks from certain channels? We run a Gorean based network and want to set up a channel for slaves/subs only so that they have a save haven to go to but dont want Masters/Doms to be able to go there without having to lock the channel down possible ?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »

I'm not a coder but I'm sure they'd want some further breakdown of what you are talking about.

All I can say is "eh?" ...

A capped nick ... whats one of those?
I'm guessing Masters/Doms are represented in some way so that they cannot masquerade as a slave/sub?

Maybe you should work out a list of Masters/Doms and just manually akick them from the channel in question ...

I'm sorry if I sound naive I'm just trying to work out what you're after with the little information you provided.

Dreagan

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:20:59 PM »

right there is a module that Rob wrote that based on the first Character of a nick if lower case will not voice and if upper case will voice that nick in the channel thats what im after ... that it kicks anyone with an uppercase nick and leaves the lowercase nicks be was just wondering is all ... because i thought that i might have to akick those that just pop in there

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 05:25:29 PM »

Oh, you actually meant literally, a capitalised nickname. I thought it was some Gorean specific. I'm sure the module's modifiable ... just need a coder to read this post now ;) I'll bash some now.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »

Rob's looking now ... on a side note, whats to stop someone/anyone changing their nick to lowercase and bypassing your carefully thought out plan?

Dreagan

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 05:34:31 PM »

nothing but most people we have on the network wont  and if they do they may as well stay lowercapped or find another network

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 05:41:02 PM »

Hm, seems kind of redundant imo. If you can't trust people to stay out of a channel, but you can trust them to not change nickname?

Anyway ... not my argument, Rob's working on the module, so I'm sure he'll post if he can do it easily.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 06:18:54 PM »

lol its done, i just sent it to Dreagan, it was a very simple change to an existing module, and i cant see anyone else wanting it so... :)

well thats my good deed for this decade done :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up