Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: IRCd Module  (Read 21452 times)

Kaoru

IRCd Module
« on: June 21, 2006, 07:18:08 AM »

I loaded Anope for Windows awhile ago, but had to remove it.
I made sure to backup the services.conf file so that I wouldn't have to re-edit when I re-installed.
My IRCd loads fine, but whenever I try loading Anope I get the following error (paraphrased):
        Loading IRCD Module [unreal32]
        The specified module could not be found.

I can't figure out what the problem is because Anope used to work with this config file.

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:20:23 AM »

BTW, the unreal32.dll files are in the Modules dir

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:10:45 PM »

Im guessing its related to the version of the .net framework your using, hopefully someone who knows more about windows can speak up and give details :)

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 02:10:16 PM »

I'm inclined to agree. Although we discovered earlier today you can actually get away with just using Runtime files in absence of .net.

Can you confirm whether you have .net 1.1 installed?

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 02:11:41 PM »

Isn't .net framework installed with Anope? Also, I've been wondering about versions made for earlier versions of windows such as 98 or me

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 02:12:45 PM »

Do I have .net 1.1 installed... I'll have to get back to you on that one chaz seeing as I'm at work at the moment...

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 02:34:42 PM »

no .NET isnt installed with anope - there are a few licencing issues in doing that :)

however, anope dosnt work/has never worked on 98/me so that dosnt really matter :)

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 02:39:56 PM »

If you don't have it installed, have a look in win32.txt (in the anope docs dir) for the link to the .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable. Thats all you should need, install that, give your box a reboot and see if it works then.

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 07:17:28 AM »

HAH !!! Turns out I don't have any version of .NET installed, I'd installed it for whatever reason (version 2.2 if memory serves).I'll install it again and see what happens.
Might I ask... if Anope has never really worked with Win98 or me, why is it that the only problems I had last time was with databases, I mean, I got it connecting, I was able to use the commands, I even had it connected to a server in my IRCd config files link block...

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 07:36:58 AM »

Ok i'll rephrase, we've never attempted to get anope to work with 98 / me the fact it worked at all was pure chance.

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 09:54:36 AM »

LOL

There's an Netadmin on the server I chat on that says he can help with my databases, apparently he had the same problem, so I'm hoping he can.
Rob, you being a developer I wanna ask you specifically, if someone installed Anope on a supported os and sent me a copy of the blank databases created, what are the chances that it'll work on my pc?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 09:58:43 AM »

I'm not Rob but I can try and answer anyway... I don't believe it would work since the first time "creating" of the databases would be fairly similar to the update writes...

If you make it work, please let us know.

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 10:07:04 AM »

OK, I'm not sure I understand what you mean, surely Anope doesn't care where the databases came from as long as it can update them when it needs to?

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 10:20:59 AM »

Unless you're referring to version issues...

But I'll work on it, I'll be installing the .NET framework tonight and I'll work on the databases this weekend and if it works, I'll let you know, is there any documentation you'll need me to send you should I get it working?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 11:00:52 AM »

Sorry, let me try and explain.

Making the empty database files would be one thing, but the constant "updating" of said files with new data would be using a similar procedure which doesn't seem to work on win98/me.

If you manage to make it work, I'd be most intrigued to hear of how.

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 11:31:15 AM »

OK, sweet, I'll be seeing you on IRC within the next 2 weeks whether or not I get it working. I think it'll be easier to transfer info that way

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 07:17:33 AM »

PROBLEM !!!!

I managed to get hold of the copy of .NET Framework 2.0 on the network at home, installed it, rebooted and what not ... no change, still can't find the IRCd Module.

I tried setting Anope to connect to the IRCd that I installed on my brother's pc but it came up with the same error...

Only thing I can think of trying now is setting Anope to connect to the server using the server's numeric identification, but I can't really see how that'll help seeing as the link block in the unrealircd.conf file and the RemoteServer setting in the services.conf file are correct, they match up perfectly.

I'm really at a loss here so if anyone has any suggestions for me, I'm willing to try anything.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 07:58:12 AM »

you need the .net framework 1.1 for the pre-compiled anope exe we currently have available

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »

I tried v1.1 before I tried v2.0
After v1.1 didn't work, I thought of re-installing Anope and trying again, no change.
After that I decided to try v2.0 since that's the one I had installed first time I used Anope.
Interestingly enough, I installed Anope v1.7.14and tried running it with the same .conf file, the error I got was different, I can't quite remember what it was tho

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 10:50:38 AM »

Is this on windows 98 or xp ??

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 11:45:56 AM »

I'm running on Windows 98se ... didn't we establich this on a thread called "databases"?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 11:59:05 AM »

Yes, well ... If you're getting this error on windows98 .. theres very little we can do.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 12:40:37 PM »

ok just to clear this up, if you have an error with windows 95 or 98 or me - we dont want to know about it, it isnt a supported os... if you do want to post, can you make it very very clear in the thread that your using win9x.

Kaoru

(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 01:27:27 PM »

if that's the case, then at least tell me something:
why on any Win32 system, would Anope not be able to find the IRCd module?

If you can at least give me a list of possible reasons, I've got something to go on, I'll figure it out on my own, but if you can do me this small favour I'd really appreciate it.

If need be, email it to me (I'm sure I've got my email address added to my profile) and if I don't have it here, there's a link at the bottom of the nav bar on my site that has my email address.

Just one last question, if there are so many people trying to use Anope on Win98, why wasn't a version specifically made to work on Win98, it can't be that hard for experts like you guys to make the program work on 98, even if it doesn't have all the features you'd get on NT or XP...

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 02:41:14 PM »

Just one last question, if there are so many people trying to use Anope on Win98, why wasn't a version specifically made to work on Win98, it can't be that hard for experts like you guys to make the program work on 98, even if it doesn't have all the features you'd get on NT or XP...

because windows aint even being supported by Microsoft itself anymore. i m sure it would be technically possible to get it working on windows 98, but it would probably cost time and work to test it on yet another OS and wouldn't even be secure, even if only because there are no more security patches for windows 98.
as for that matter, i m not even sure whether the .Net framework 2.0 works properly on windows 98 (if at all)...

imho anope shouldn't even be run on a windows system at all, so i don't think i ll have to elaborate what i think about win98 :r
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up