Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concorning Operserv Raw  (Read 6615 times)

sarkar112

Concorning Operserv Raw
« on: June 18, 2006, 01:19:00 AM »

Post deleted by chaz

"Raw is not a supported command".

[Edited on 18-6-2006 by chaz]

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:41:16 AM »

Some delete this post since RAW is not supported and writing tutorials on it should not appear here
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

sarkar112

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:07:07 PM »

I see, so since the official staff will not provide support for raw, you object the fact that there are some user's who would like to help out people, raw can be used for testing what a module can be like before it's creation. Raw can be useful in many ways, even though it may be destructive.

For those of you that need to find a raw tutorial you may find it on the phatlogic community forums.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 09:22:05 PM »

We do not provide support for it because most (high percentage of) users will cause damage using it.

If someone has the knowledge to write a module, they most certainly will have developed raw knowledge for its testing.

sarkar112

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 09:23:56 PM »

And how will they have developed knowledge of the command if they had no support for it, nor used it? And without the knowledge of raw, how will they have written any 'decent' modules?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 09:36:42 PM »

They will learn raw the same way they learn how to code ... There are plenty of resources out there documenting both how to code, and how to use raw. We choose not to actively support it due to the problems users will inevitably encounter due to its misuse.

I don't disagree it has its purposes, but displaying raw strings in a public forum will not serve the hungry mind of a module coder, it will however give some novice users something new to try and break their set ups and ask us for help when it could have easily been avoided.

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 09:28:23 AM »

Simply put, RAW doesn't have any purpose for someone who doesn't know how it works
Pages: [1]   Go Up