Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mode r (registered use)  (Read 3915 times)

lee

• Anope User
    • Chattersworld
mode r (registered use)
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »

Hey

Im looking for a module that will set mode +r on all users that join my irc server without the need for them to register with nickserv reason for this is i have two servers one is irc the other a leaf server the irc server is used for ppl that join using webchat that have registered on my website leaf is going to be used for guest users these are the peeps that havent registered but still want to join my chat and test it out before they register I know i can do this using the deny channel block set up but if they set as +r it would be better

(And yes i know i can get them all to reg with nickserv but ppl are lazy and prefer to join a chat and just chat without all the messing around)

thanks

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: mode r (registered use)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »

not going to work.. even if a module were used to set +r on users..
+r means registered user and if anope detects such a user, but can't find any records of said users in its database of registered users, it will remove the +r as +r is the basis upon which anope decides whether a user is registered.. this is core functionality that modules wouldn't be able to bypass.

Even if that could be bypassed by not informing the core, the concept is also fundamentally flawed: assume a "guest" connects to the network and gets usermode +r, then changes nick to a registered nickname which he doesn't own.. anope sees +r and thinks the user has already id'd and said user is now considered identified for the nick.. so basically you are inviting nick stealing.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up