Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope troubleshooting application/Win32  (Read 4621 times)

Dax Bane

• Anope User
  • Bane of All
Anope troubleshooting application/Win32
« on: February 13, 2010, 07:03:51 AM »

A bored programmer is a dangerous thing :)

Some many weeks ago, I coded a simplistic pastebin for chaz (I won't delve into details), and after attempting to (and probably failing) supporting a user of Anope under a Win32 environment, I felt inspired to code up something that can assist with the task of troubleshooting Anope under Windows.

It is a fairly simple application, written in VB.Net (framework version 2.0 SP1) - and still has a few niggles about it (it worked fine on my local copy of the pastebin I gave to chaz, but for some reason the copy running on the anope webserver isn't doing redirects properly...). I hereby release the attached code into the Public Domain for anyone to use for any reason (including commercial, should they choose to) - you will need (at a minimum) VB Express 2005 to run the project, however.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: Anope troubleshooting application/Win32
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »

All very well and good but actually saying what it does would probably be helpful.

Dax Bane

• Anope User
  • Bane of All
Re: Anope troubleshooting application/Win32
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »

Top point... here goes (btw, I suck at PR-related things)...

Basically, an application that (when fed the installation path of Anope) will launch anope services with options "-debug -nofork", redirecting anope's standard output and error streams to a memorystream object for the purposes of collecting such output. When anope quits (for one reason or another), the complete output of Anope that would normally be spat into a cmd window is available for upload to the pastebin (via the click of a button, the app would handle this for the user, including giving them the URL with which to paste into the support channel). Fairly simplistic in most regards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up