Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some questions about Anope  (Read 5755 times)

Jose Luis I.

• Anope User
Some questions about Anope
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »

hello people,

I have several queries about which version of Anope occupy.

I currently have the following:

Anope 1.7x
Unreal 3.2.x

I am in the process of migration from the irc daemon and network according to our requirements as we decided on ratbox

I've been looking for information about compatibility with Anope ratbox and found very little information which I like that I could guide

Also looking at the development version of Anope not find details about the integration with mysql, it continues in the 1.9.x version?

The 2.2.x and 3.x support ratbox continue in Anope?

Anope stable version works with MySql?

Best Regards,

JL.

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: Some questions about Anope
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »

Both 1.8 and 1.9 support ratbox 2.0 and later...
But since ratbox isn't used as often as certain other ircds, I would recommend you try it out on a testnet first. If you find a problem with our ratbox support, it will be fixed.

At this moment 1.9 doesn't even have MySQL support.. it will be reimplemented (read and write) once the database backend has been redone. The MySQL support in 1.8 is output only with reading only possible at startup. There are modules out there that allow you to send anope commands through MySQL but I don't know who has a version.. :)
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jose Luis I.

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:29:15 PM »

thanks for your answer Jan.

Other questions,

if I work with Anope 1.8.x, when it goes stable version 1.9 will be possible to migrate the DB and use mysql as well as reading and writing?

if I work Anope 1.9.x if there is chance that at some point in their development have to truncate DB for some change in structure?

if I work with Anope 1.9.x with your normal database (*. db) when applying the mysql support will be possible to migrate data from *. db to mysql?

Best Regards,

JL

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »

A regular DB can always be dumped into MySQL... actually anope never uses only MySQL, it always uses it .db files as well.

Migrating from 1.8 to 1.9 will always be made possible, but the reverse it not. If you use 1.9, you will not be able to go back to 1.8.
MySQL will be added to 1.9 at some point, but it is not yet on the TODO list, so it likely does not have a high priority and other things like redoing the regular database will get priority.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up