Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only OperServ install  (Read 6433 times)

d3v1ous

• Anope User
Only OperServ install
« on: May 21, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »

I want to install only operserv and global, how i do this? i not see anything help for this --with-modules or -without-modules..

When i comment # the other services name on config file, services can't start. Please help.

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:30:52 AM »

In simple way, you can't. But you can moduled them in such a way that other services will not respond to normal users or to all.
And just for the note, ChanServ have 'CSOpersOnly' options too.
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:28:28 AM »

Operserv can't exist without nickserv for the simple reason nickserv provides the authentication services operserv needs to authorize ppl to use it.
Theoretically ChanServ and MemoServ could be left out in your case, but anope was not written to support it.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:40:20 PM »

Originally posted by Viper
Operserv can't exist without nickserv for the simple reason nickserv provides the authentication services operserv needs to authorize ppl to use it......

yes very true. how could one access OperServ without having his root nickname registered without NickServ (why don't i think of this at the first place ^^)
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

d3v1ous

• Anope User
hm.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »

anope lose for this moment.. in hybservices and neostats services is possible to install what module i want.

on neostats i installed seenserv only and on config write root_nick variable and i'm servies root , without chanserv,nickserv.. and etc..

on hybserv is the same.

somebody know hybservices know link to unreal server? i don't thik so? I think cuz hybservices only use hybserv no another ircd? right?

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »

To make Anope "OperServ only" would require one hell of a massive modification to core code because OperServ's WHOLE access system depends on NickServ registrations.

And the reason you can't disable NickServ, ChanServ, etc.. and only have OperServ, is because Anope is meant as a full services package. The reason you can chose which modules you "add" to NeoStats is because the modules you add aren't core features. You can't remove the core bot from NeoStats.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:01:24 AM »

Originally posted by d3v1ous
anope lose for this moment.. in hybservices and neostats services is possible to install what module i want.

on neostats i installed seenserv only and on config write root_nick variable and i'm servies root , without chanserv,nickserv.. and etc..

on hybserv is the same.

somebody know hybservices know link to unreal server? i don't thik so? I think cuz hybservices only use hybserv no another ircd? right?

Anope doesn't add features just because BlahServices has it or XYZNet invented it.

Additionally, go ask the Unreal or Hybserv people as we don't know nor care what they support.

Locked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up