Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: do mySQL modifications go to *.db files ?  (Read 4442 times)

scharffschutze

do mySQL modifications go to *.db files ?
« on: January 08, 2008, 01:21:06 PM »

Hi.

I run Anope with UnrealIRCd, and I'd like to make some web interfaces to anope, so that my users can register their services account, register channels and modify topic, modes and so.

I've read somewhere that anope actually does not directly work with the mySQL database, but only with the *.db files. Then, activating SQL option would make the changes made in *.db files go into the mySQL database, usefull if you want to make statistics, onliners and such on your web page.

The question is about the reverse way, do mySQL modifications go to *.db files ?
So I can create my users or channels into the mySQL database, then just wait for the sync that will send my data to *.db files, and enjoy my web-created new user-accounts and channels.

Is this possible ? How does this stuff work ?

another thing: this is the only doc I found about anope sql scheme: http://anope.info/wiki/Technical_Documents:MySQL:Scheme

What's the deal with the "No information known yet." fields ?
is there a complete scheme explanation anywhere ? How comes a doc that seems "official" does not even know about every field in the sql database ? that sounds weird to me :P

thank you in advance, and apologizes for the english mistakes I prolly made ;)

scharffschutze

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:41:24 PM »

No, it can't be done at present unless you write a bot that logs into irc and does the registration for the user. Anope does not accept external connections nor external modifications to it's databases.

Ok, I've just found this from another forum thread, so I guess I have my answer. (http://forum.anope.org/viewthread.php?tid=1900)
As I don't want to make a bot, would it be insulting if I asked on this forum for another services than anope that can handle external modifications to its SQL base ? :+

[Edited on 8-1-2008 by scharffschutze]

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »

i think epona has it now (it used to be dead, but was revived not long ago), but be aware that it also misses some things like HostServ and does currently have a modulized core like anope does..

on a side note, there is an xmlrpc module that allowed one to modify anope's db through SQL.
Heinz also wrote a module that offers a way, but neither are really ready for use i think. i can't come up with links to them right away either. I know heinz said he was gonna update his module, but you d have to ask him whether it s usable atm

[Edited on 8-1-2008 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

scharffschutze

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »

Thanks Viper

I've taken a look to misc_sqlcmd from Heinz. If it works fine, that could me enough for what I want to do.
(doc here: https://teh-heinz0r.co.uk/svn/misc_sqlcmd/trunk/README.txt)

If not, I will switch to epona.

Bye.
Pages: [1]   Go Up