Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: network staff module  (Read 3498 times)

mthwgrn

network staff module
« on: December 25, 2007, 03:41:44 AM »

I have loaded the os_netstaff module and I can't quite figure out what it does for the people I assign tot he network staff list.  It is supposed to make them network staff but not quite ircop.  It gives them less power.  What kind of power does it give them?

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 01:47:08 PM »

you should never load ANY module unless you know exactly what it does! That's a quick way to get your network hijacked.

According to the source code is sets:

usermode: +gswGW

Snomask: +ks

mthwgrn

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 10:11:10 PM »

I have faith in the admins (maybe not you) that they would not upload a mod to the site that would allow my net to get hijacked.  Although you seem a little shady I hope they aren't.  

Thanks for the Help

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 03:09:38 PM »

Originally posted by mthwgrn
I have faith in the admins (maybe not you) that they would not upload a mod to the site that would allow my net to get hijacked.  Although you seem a little shady I hope they aren't.  

Thanks for the Help

katsklaw as far as I can vouch for him, is less shady then some of the people who can and do write Anope modules. Not to mention he is currently official Anope staff like myself.

As for his comment about getting your network hijacked, the more you trust someone, the more likly they may take advantage of that trust and slip in a back door, not to mention there could be un-reported bugs in the module which even the author doesnt know about that could allow a user to gain access.

Regarding os_netstaff, had you bothered to read the page http://modules.anope.org/viewmod.php?id=123 where it's downloaded from you would KNOW what it does.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up