Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improving the way mlock works!  (Read 4877 times)

User123

Improving the way mlock works!
« on: October 18, 2006, 07:17:11 AM »

Hey,

When you set mlocks for example +tnk <key> it can be bypassed by someone who does not have access (and if they are first user that joins the channel) making the key exposed!

Same if you set the channel modes for oper only (eg +O) and if the user does not have access joins they are in a oper only channel and nothing happens to them. Same for +i etc.

To address this issue you could implement a feature similar to AustNet's OPAS where if the first user joins does not have access to the channel they are banned and the services stay in the channel for the time specified (the CSInhabit option). After the user is banned then the mlock is enforced (and then they don't see the key or bypass any other modes for example).

This could really increase channel security and privacy.

Thanks

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 08:01:41 AM »

You could always look at /cs set restricted for example.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 12:28:01 PM »

I must admit the RESTRICTED option being set on a channel works far better then a channel key does because it requires the channel owner/ops to give people access to the channel by Nick instead of handing out a key that can easily be passwed on.

In my experiance you only need to be on the VOP list to be allowed access to a channel with RESTRICTED set on. As for +O the same applies only as far as ive seen opers dont need to be in the channel access list to not be kicked by Anope. And again with +i if they havnt been givern access to the channel then they are efectivly not invited anyway with or without the +i.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up