Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Installing Module  (Read 3469 times)

Yurple

• Anope User
Help Installing Module
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:49:40 PM »

Ok so I'm new to installing Anope modules. I'd like to intall this module for my server but I don't know how exactly to do it.

I'm using Anope1.7.21 and Unreal3.2.7

Also, Is there a way I can install the module using Filezilla? Instead of connecting through Putty?  - If so can someone help walk me through this.

Sorry for taking up your time. I've looked around on google and this site, but I can't seem to find out how exactly to do it.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: Help Installing Module
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:30:03 PM »

Hi Yurple,

I'd advise you to upgrade to Anope 1.8.0 before carrying on as 1.7.21 is quite an old version now although still good it might be worth you looking at upgrading from a "Development" release to a "Stable" one.

Nonetheless; os_chgwhois.c which you linked to can be installed as follows:

Either Filezilla the os_chgwhois.c file to anope-1.7.21/src/modules (or it would be anope-1.8.0/src/modules)
Using PuTTY (yes you will need to or pm me and I'll have a look for you) cd to anope-1.7.21
make modules
make install

This will compile and install os_chgwhois.c to os_chgwhois.so and put it into the right place ~/services/modules normally.

You can then test this on IRC by using /msg operserv modload os_chgwhois and once you confirm it works OK, add it to services.conf to the ModulesAutoLoad section.

Any problems, either PM me on here, or drop into irc.anope.org #anope and someone'll help you :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up