Anope Development > Feature Requests

CS BAN & KICK

<< < (2/3) > >>

malice:
If you're running unrealircd you can set some spam filters to block people trying to kick you. (as in block the commands)

[Edited on 15-2-2006 by malice]

FiXato:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by malice
If you're running unrealircd you can set some spam filters to block people trying to kick you. (as in block the commands)

[Edited on 15-2-2006 by malice]
--- End quote ---

Actually, that is quite a clever solution I've not thought of yet :)
Especially now that Unreal supports spamfilters in the command aliases!

I think the spamfilter code would be something along the lines of

--- Code: ---
/spamfilter add pPn block - You_can't_kick_services_admins. (cs|chanserv) (kick|ban) #\S* YourNick.*
--- End code ---

Not sure if this one is correct since I am not sure if the alias command needs to be included in the spamfilter.

However, this still isn't a nice solution I think, since you would have to set it for every nickname in your nickgroup and for every services admin.

So indeed, a module that would allow it would be nice.
Especially in co-operation with the usermode +q (can't be kicked from channel by non-U:lined servers) from Unreal (or similar modes on other ircds).

Pieter Bootsma:
I don't see the use... if join need to clean up a 'hostile' channel where you'll be kickbanned on sight, just enable superadmin and you'll get +q so you can't be kicked; when you're done, you disable superadmin again. In any other situation i don't see any reason to get this 'special privileges' just because you're an irc operator.

FiXato:
Hmm, yes you are right. Or temporarily removing the user's accesslevel to prevent him from having access to the kick/ban commands would work as well.
Being unable to be kicked all the time just because of your status isn't the way to go.

Werther:
Thats not the reason i need that feature. I have a small new network that is growing now and there are many users (some of them my good friends) that like to play tricks with admins and kick them from channels. I hate that and i usually explode and GLINE all of them. But that is not good for the network because some of them then get mad and stop coming to the server. So i want a module that will prevent them doing that. Pls make that module :) I really really need it :*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version