Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Auto join with options  (Read 5639 times)

Aikar

• Anope User
[Request] Auto join with options
« on: August 14, 2008, 05:22:18 PM »

Many IRCd's have an option to force all users to connect to a channel on join, however I would love this option as a module for anope with configuration.

Ability to specify a delay before force joining people (to give time for vHost to set etc) and ability for Config entry on names to not force join (For bots like tunix on netsplit.de, to prevent force joining them into the channel by format of "tunix??")

Then finally, an option in chanserv that a user can trigger upon connect to 'kill' the upcoming and prevent themselves from being joined, giving users an option to not be joined.

I'm using the force join to help IRC beginners and to help spread the knowledge of the channel as the network is for a game and the channel is the games main name so everyone should technically want to chat there, but some the advanced users and others dont want to be in there (too talkative some say) so i would like to give people an option to not join it.

I looked up some code and such but I have no development server nor do I have much time to set one up to write this myself, so I was hoping an experienced anope module coder could whip something up to do this as it SEEMS like it would be easy for an experienced module coder who knows all the basic stuff (where as Id have to learn everything before even attempting).

I think many people would find this useful instead of using ircd configurations for it.

Anyone able to do it?

deiks

• Anope User
  • Shizle my nizle
Re: [Request] Auto join with options
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 10:19:14 PM »

Why don't you disable auto-join and use ns_ajoin module?

Aikar

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 12:39:43 PM »

Why don't you disable auto-join and use ns_ajoin module?

I want an opt-out, not opt-in interface. I want the 'newer' people who dont know about joining other channels to be assisted into the main channel. Majority will want to be in there, very few wont.

deiks

• Anope User
  • Shizle my nizle
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »

[14:18:25] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- Syntax: LOGONNEWS ADD text
[14:18:25] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- LOGONNEWS DEL {num | ALL}
[14:18:25] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- LOGONNEWS LIST
[14:18:25] -- NOTICE -- OperServ --
[14:18:25] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- Edits or displays the list of logon news messages. When a
[14:18:25] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- user connects to the network, these messages will be sent
[14:18:26] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- to them. (However, no more than three messages will be
[14:18:26] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- sent in order to avoid flooding the user. If there are
[14:18:26] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- more than three news messages, only the three most recent
[14:18:26] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- will be sent.)
[14:18:26] -- NOTICE -- OperServ --
[14:18:26] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- LOGONNEWS LIST may be used by any IRC operator to list the
[14:18:26] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- current news messages. ADD and DEL may only be used by
[14:18:26] -- NOTICE -- OperServ -- Services admins.

Try it :] U can write them some text in news. So they will se when connect. Something like:

If u want chat please type /join #channel
If u need help please type /join #help

Whatever u want :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up