Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: database on bans ?  (Read 3199 times)

gerry

• Anope User
database on bans ?
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:43:49 PM »

akicks use a database which stores all bans placed. channel bans dont.. if a server crashes then all channel bans get lost and not the akicks...

is there a database or a module option for normal channel bans to be saved as well like akicks are or something in the pipeline due ?

i use anope-1.8.5 on unrealircd 3.2.8.1

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: database on bans ?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »

1> this is an ircd question and has nothing to do with Anope at all.
2> Short answer ... no.
3> Long answer .. no, in the event of a crash, nothing is saved .. A crash is just that, a very sudden and usually harsh full and unexpected stop. Saving data require an intentional dumping of data to hard copy while the application is still running.
4> The way IRC works is all channel data is destroyed when a channel no longer exists. Some IRCds like Nefarious have persistent channel modes to hold such information, but again, that data will likely be lost even if nefarious crashed.

gerry

• Anope User
Re: database on bans ?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »

ah thanks Katsklaw..

i wasnt sure where the topic was for as there is /cs ban #channel blah
hence why i asked it here.

thanks for the answer though and i have managed to get a mirc script to cover it now via log of all bans manually (regular updates by an op) and in event of a crash the operator can command the bot to re-write the bans from it's last record for the channel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up