Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: os_client.c by MasterGamer Problem ? Help Me Please  (Read 6610 times)

shadowprince

• Anope User
os_client.c by MasterGamer Problem ? Help Me Please
« on: February 04, 2009, 02:08:17 AM »

Hello my frenz...

Im using anope 1.8.0 and Unreal 3.2.7 . I like os_client.c developed by mastergamer and the modules was wonderfull but i have a little problem to share and need some idea hot to resolved this problem.

Let say :
/os client add Mawar mawar mawar.xxx.com Mawar
/os join mawar #webnet

the bots work fine with +R mode (as registered user) then my  friend want to use nick Mawar so i delete the Mawar bots ..he failed to use that nick it say Erreous nickname/reserved for services (something likethat)  but when oper use that nick it work fine...

please help me

tq in advanced

katsklaw

Re: os_client.c by MasterGamer Problem ? Help Me Please
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 02:28:18 AM »

that's because the nick is still Q:Lined. the module may need to be modified to remove the Q:Line it adds to reserve the nick.

shadowprince

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:15:17 AM »

that's because the nick is still Q:Lined. the module may need to be modified to remove the Q:Line it adds to reserve the nick.

can somebody modify it ..im not expert

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »

that would be up to the author of the module... what you described should be considered a bug in the module.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 07:28:39 PM »

I took a look at the module, its riddled with memory leaks, no error trapping to prevent crashes on nulls, this thing is a bug report and a half.

As for the q:line on the nick , the api in anope automatically qlines the nicks, the author forgot to drop the qline when quiting the bot.

One should demand more from the mod coder then this.
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

katsklaw

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

I took a look at the module, its riddled with memory leaks, no error trapping to prevent crashes on nulls, this thing is a bug report and a half.

As for the q:line on the nick , the api in anope automatically qlines the nicks, the author forgot to drop the qline when quiting the bot.

One should demand more from the mod coder then this.

nah, we just aren't all Jedi masters like you ;P~ *bows* However, I do believe that this module is the poster child for why we need QA approved modules.

But I agree, that's a train wreck waiting to happen. I think unsetting the Q:Line is the least of this modules worries. user, host, chan and real are defined, but never free'd. user host and real are checked for nulls in the 'ADD' sub-command but completely forgotten in all others and it definitely lacks any code at all to un-Q:line
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:35:08 AM by katsklaw »

Master

• Anope User
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »

A little workaround would be adding it to the SQline list then removing it. Services should remove the qline then.

/os sqline add +1m Mawar Test

This should cause it to expire and remove the qline. Of course, you can delete it manually as well.
Always believe Murphy's Law. If you don't, watch what happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up