Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: services admins have no access to services  (Read 10370 times)

Goldy

services admins have no access to services
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:59:03 AM »

Hi,
I´ve got a little network with running Unreal3.2.4 and anope-1.7.13.
I´ve got access to everything. But my partners don´t.
When i compiled the services I enabled access to the group (007). Everyone is listed in services administrators list. But they even can´t make /msg nickserv getpass from a nick.
Hope you can help me, thx

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 06:05:13 PM »

look in your config, is "DisableGetPass" there?  - you can see from the help of a command if services admins have access to it or not.

Goldy

re
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:57:40 PM »

DisableGetPass is not there. Normally a Services Admin has access to something like that. It´s not the first time i set up anope. And on the former network it worked fine. Don´t know what to do ;(

sillysprat

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 12:21:57 PM »

Did you compile Anope to encrypt passwords using md5? If so, getpass will not work.

Goldy

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 01:19:37 PM »

No, i didn´t compiled it with md5. I have all rights and i have no problem. But the other Admins on my network. All of us are listet in Operservs Adminlist but only i have all access ;(

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 02:42:56 PM »

There is a difference between an admin and a root user. So I can't help wonder what you consider "all access" ?  Are you sure you're not mixing up access as "root" with access as "admin" ?

But lets try a few common possibilities:

I take it your friends have oper access on your network (if not then msging operserv itself can cause problems) and have no problem getting (for example) a list of Operserv's help screen (/msg operserv help) ?

If they can then I wonder what commands they can and cannot use. You said they cannot use "getpass" but that might be due to other settings. What is the error they got?

Further more: can they perform commands like (for example) jupe or ignore ?  "/msg operserv jupe list". What is the output of that command for these people ?

TRAiNER4

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »

/msg OperServ ADMIN ADD nick

Despite the admin flag set on the user, you still have to add them to the OperServ admin list

And I think /msg OperServ SET SUPERADMIN ON needs to be set also.

Make sure their nicks are registered and are properly identified to NickServ

These are the only suggestions I have

[Edited on 2/26/2006 by TRAiNER4]

FiXato

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 01:15:13 AM »

And I think /msg OperServ SET SUPERADMIN ON needs to be set also.

I strongly advice against this!
SuperAdmin is only needed in rare cases that you need to have founder rights on a channel.
SuperAdmin gives the user Founder access on all channels he/she is in and will enter. Most users won't appreciate this if you wander around with this on, since because you are an admin, you are not automatically entitled to founder-access in their rooms. People could see it as operabuse.

Goldy

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 08:57:59 AM »

My friends are listet in Operservs Adminlist, their nicks are registered, they are identified  and they also have no access Superadmin.
In the moment i told them to test which commands didn´t work. I just heard that with the getpass. The error they get from operserv is "Access denied"
It´s not the first network where i set up anope, so i think i know the requirements to get access. I did not do anything another way as on the other networks that´s why i´m wondering why it doesn´t work.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »

Have your friends opered?

Goldy

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 09:29:45 AM »

yes they have.

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 12:29:49 PM »

Originally posted by Goldy
In the moment i told them to test which commands didn´t work. I just heard that with the getpass. The error they get from operserv is "Access denied"

Well, as has been mentioned in the thread multiple times: the response to the 'getpass' command can be caused by multiple issues. So the thing to do now is to determine where this is occuring.

So I ask you once again: do these people also get "access denied" when they try to /msg operserv with, for example, "help" or "stats" or "oper list" or only when trying the "getpass" command ?

Next thing to do would be to check your logfiles to see if that points out some possibilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up