Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: configure issue  (Read 18779 times)

DragonRyder

• Anope User
    • http://www.XeroMem.com
configure issue
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:15:03 AM »

Deals with anope-1.9.3-source:

./Config: line 87: cmake: command not found

and yes i looked for READ instructions, and did not find any. i tried to do this like i have done over 1000 times building services, and that was the error i got.

********@user [~/anope-1.9.3]# ./Config
   ___
  / _ \  http://www.anope.org
 | /_\ | _ __  _ _  _ _   ___
 |  _  || '_ \/ _ \/ _ \ / _ \
 | | | || | |  |_|  |_| |  __/
 |_| |_||_| |_\___/|  _/ \___|
                   | |
                   |_| IRC Services
This program will help you to compile your Services, and ask you
questions regarding the compile-time settings of it during the
process. For more options type ./Config --help

Anope is a set of Services for IRC networks that allows users to
manage their nicks and channels in a secure and efficient way,
and administrators to manage their network with powerful tools.

For all your Anope needs please visit our portal at www.anope.org

Beginning Services configuration.

In what directory do you want the binaries to be installed?
[/home/********/services]
/home/********/services does not exist.  Create it?
[y]

Which group should all Services data files be owned by?  (If Services
should not force files to be owned by a particular group, just press
Return.)
[]

What should the default umask for data files be (in octal)?
(077 = only accessible by owner; 007 = accessible by owner and group)
[077]

Would you like to build a debug version of Anope?
[y]

You can optionally have the build run through run-cc.pl, which will
cause warnings and errors (if any) to be colored yellow and red,
respectively. This relies on Perl being installed, so if you say yes
to this without Perl, the option will be ignored.
NOTE: If you are using MinGW, it is NOT recommended to say yes to
this, it may fail.
Would you like to utilize run-cc.pl?
[n]

Are there any extra arguments you wish to pass to cmake?
You may only need to do this if cmake is unable to locate
missing dependencies without hints.
You can do this by: -DEXTRA_INCLUDE:STRING=/path/to/files;/path/to/more/files
[]

Saving configuration results in config.cache... done.
cmake  -DINSTDIR:STRING=/home/********/services  -DDEFUMASK:STRING=077 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=DEBUG -DUSE_RUN_CC_PL:BOOLEAN=OFF  ..

Now cd build, then run make to build Anope.
********@user [~/anope-1.9.3]# cd build
********@user [~/anope-1.9.3/build]# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
********@user [~/anope-1.9.3/build]#

******** = account name hidden on purpose for this issue.

am i doing something wrong here?
From the depths of Hell I hear you cry.

Adam

• Team
Re: configure issue
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:39:43 AM »

1.9.3 has a dependency on cmake. If you aren't root on the box you can download cmake from http://www.cmake.org/, configure and install it using --prefix=~/cmake/ then export PATH=~/cmake/bin/:$PATH to install cmake in your home directory and use it to configure Anope.

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 11:32:07 PM »

i know the owner of the box who has root, what do i tell him to install? the same thing you showed me?

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:57:27 PM »

yes, cmake.

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 03:22:53 AM »

the root owner got that part installed, and it did the cmake, i did the cd build and i did the make. now i am having this issue:

sda5: write failed, user block limit reached.
CMake Error at modules/cmake_install.cmake:954 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot copy file
  "/home/********/anope-1.9.3/build/modules/cs_set_private.so" to
  "/home/********/services/data/modules/cs_set_private.so".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:53 (INCLUDE)

make: *** [install] Error 1
********@user [~/anope-1.9.3/build]#

any ideas?

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 03:25:04 AM »

hmm not exactly sure, havn't hit your quota have you?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:39:22 PM »

sda5: write failed, user block limit reached.

I'd say yes.

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 04:04:12 AM »

ok we resolved that issue. now for the big time fun of reading all this example.conf and trying to figure out what i do with this "oper" section in it. this is going to take me forever.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 11:00:30 PM »

ok we resolved that issue. now for the big time fun of reading all this example.conf and trying to figure out what i do with this "oper" section in it. this is going to take me forever.

Welcome to the NetAdmin lifestyle.

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »

it has been a month, had some personal issues, am back now, and i am trying to figure out all this config for services, was wondering if anyone had a better example i could use to sort out this new config by any chance?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »

What could be better than the config we supply that provides you with all of the information you require.

If you mean, "does anyone have a config that does all of the work for me and I just put my name in?" then no.

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »

no more of a guide that explains it in lamens terms so a jacka** like me can better understand what i am reading.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 08:07:11 PM »

no more of a guide that explains it in lamens terms so a jacka** like me can better understand what i am reading.

The configuration file is already in "layman's terms" as much as it can be. Running a server/network requires prior knowledge. Anope as well as all other software will assume you already have said experience.

It's not expected that you be a grand master wizard at anything but if you don't know what a C/N Line/block or know what an admin block is, or know what to set the bots channel modes to then your irc-fu isn't so strong. Did you honestly think you can just install mIRC, download Anope and magically become a net admin? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You need user skills, then IRCop skills then maybe you can jump to admin, depending on the depth of the IRCop skills.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:10:27 PM by katsklaw »

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 12:35:20 AM »

Code: [Select]
opertype
{
/* The name of this opertype */
name = "Helper"

/* What commands (see above) this opertype has */
commands = "hostserv/set nickserv/confirm"
}

opertype
{
/* The name of this opertype */
name = "Services Operator"

/* What opertype(s) this inherits from. Seperate with a comma. */
inherits = "Helper, Another Helper"

/* What commands (see above) this opertype may use */
commands = "chanserv/list chanserv/suspend chanserv/status chanserv/topic memoserv/staff nickserv/sendpass nickserv/resetpass nickserv/suspend operserv/mode operserv/chankill operserv/szline operserv/akill operserv/session operserv/clearmodes operserv/modlist operserv/sqline operserv/staff operserv/kick operserv/ignore operserv/snline"

/* What privs (see above) this opertype has */
privs = "chanserv/auspex chanserv/no-register-limit memoserv/* nickserv/auspex nickserv/confirm"
}

opertype
{
name = "Services Administrator"

inherits = "Services Operator"

commands = "chanserv/access/list chanserv/drop chanserv/forbid chanserv/getkey chanserv/set/noexpire memoserv/sendall nickserv/saset/* nickserv/getemail operserv/global operserv/news operserv/jupe operserv/svsnick operserv/stats operserv/oline operserv/defcon operserv/noop operserv/umode"

privs = "*"
}

opertype
{
name = "Services Root"

commands = "*"

privs = "*"
}

well none of that has anything to do with a C/N Line/block

and anope 1.8.* and prior i have mastered with no issues of any kind, running over 17 different networks starting back in 1998 till now. i have been every stage of admin on UnrealIRCd networks for years, and i also write mirc scripts on a daily basis, so i am not entirely stupid here. Considering your now making a "Services Operator" instead of a "Server Admin" along with a "Services Administrator" (which btw we had this kind of argument over on the unrealircd bug thing about services) i would say that there have been some major changes to things, so NO you do NOT have it in "layman's terms" you have it in terms that folks who write the new format of anope can fully understand. not all of us write anope files and not everyone understands c++. so please, step back a moment and realize not everyone has your level of intelligence, and not everyone is going to look at it and say "wow it says 2+2=4" when what they see is "x²×(y³±d²)=a".

now like i said, i am not stupid, i may not be as smart as you, but i would like to better understand the section i posted above, as i did not find a "READ ME" to understand the part i posted.

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 12:44:15 AM »

You can't expect to find the same amount o documentation for 1.9 which is still a development branch, and of which the exact properties are not even be finalized yet... for 1.8 there s dozens of tutorials and docs around, for 1.9 even the documentation that ships with anope isn't even accurate yet in some cases...

to me - and i am not deeply involved in 1.9 dev - it s quite clear that those blocks define services level operator types which can be assigned to users... if you want much more detailed docs than what is provided, you ll likely have to wait for a more complete product.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Adam

• Team
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 12:56:13 AM »

There is a massive 50 line comment over that snippet you posted... try reading that?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:04:16 AM by Adam »

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 02:24:52 AM »

Jan, thank you for the information, now i can understand the difference as to why there is no read me thing...

adam, i did read a lot, my issue is understanding these new levels; Helper, Services Operator, Services Administrator, Services Root.

i am just trying to grasp my head around the terms, what they do exactly.

Sorry, but i am a visual learner since 1999, when i got into a car accident. for some reason i lost the ability to read things and understand them right away, visually seeing how things work is what helps me, and no matter how many times i read the config, it will take me longer to figure it out and learn it, than if someone could explain what the terms mean, cause then i can visually place it in my head and see "the big picture"

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 08:35:46 AM »

adam, i did read a lot, my issue is understanding these new levels; Helper, Services Operator, Services Administrator, Services Root.

So in 1.8 we had Services Root, Services Administrator & Services Operator. (and some hostserv helper thingys).

We decided that it was too restrictive so now in 1.9 you can do what you want.

For legacy users (which I'd have included you in.) we provided a similar structure in example so you could migrate like for like if you wanted to.

But the reality is that now there is granular privilege/permission assignments you could have a group called "Superheros" that can do everything or "Loser Opers" who are only allowed to breathe.

The whole point was to make this more flexible and move away from the fixed system from before.

And don't get me started on the unreal 'services admin' stuff, we just don't need that conversation on a Sunday morning.

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 12:09:47 PM »

Thanks Charles, you gave me a good laugh, and your answer actually helped me form the picture better in my head. Much Thanks.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »

I'd also like to add that I too have similar experience DragonRyder and when I first opened the 1.9.x config file I understood every single character of it instantly .. why? because 95% of the directives have the same names and values as the 1.8 branch does, the only difference is the block style.

Did the splitting of name "value" into type and name really mess you up? If you are really so familiar with 1.8 you should surely know how the module list works, well the oper type list works in the exact same fashion.

To me it's still in layman's terms, maybe it's because I started IRC in 1996 and not 1998 .. who knows.

Anyway, instead of jaw jacking back and forth, it would be more productive if you just state exactly what confuses you.

BTW, for the record, it's the bind style block system, it has nothing to do with C++, which is a programming language and in your vast experience you should notices that Unreal since version 3.2 was released several years ago, it uses the exact same style block as do all more modern ircds and services packages. Mainly because newbies find it much easier to read and understand.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:28:22 PM by katsklaw »

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 11:47:05 PM »

katsklaw: first off i apologize for the attitude i had. secondly throw a wildcard into anything and the picture can change. with each improvement into the anope system, i have had to get small/minor help to re-adjust the picture in my head of how things should look. once i have that adjustment, which Charles and Jan provided me with, I can now see how the picture should look and am now able to finish the work on the config. think of it like this for me, an old analog television, sometimes all it takes is a minor turn of the dial, and the television works better. that's what i needed in order to understand things, now i understand it. i see the picture.

by the way, my comment "not all of us write anope files and not everyone understands c++." was an analogy, not a reference that anope is written in c++.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 04:35:28 AM »

I apologize too, but you must understand that the vast majority of the users that say what you did are in fact complete newbies and while it's not fair to judge one by the actions of others, it's human nature and happens anyway. That opinion continued when you made the C++ analogy because again, many other novices have made the same statements except they *are* comparing it to C++.

Please also understand that I'm 42 and I've been doing end-user support in one fashion or another for most of my adult life and your first impression placed you in 2 categories that you really don't belong. One is a newbie that tries to up sell his skills. I've found that more often than not, if you up sell their experience further by making statements similar to mine by using "big words", figuratively speaking, they tend to back down and the issue can get resolved.

Ironically though in reference to the analog TV, I've found that a swift kick in the side tends to get the picture straight. ;)

I'm glad you got it working and if you need further assistance, please ask.

DragonRyder

• Anope User
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 09:04:35 AM »

thanks for the good laugh on the tv bit. yes i do have some skills, but i still consider myself a newb as i am always learning things all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up