Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unreal 3.2.8.1 and Anope 1.8.6 - Chanserv AOP not working.  (Read 5232 times)

John Riley

• Anope User
Unreal 3.2.8.1 and Anope 1.8.6 - Chanserv AOP not working.
« on: June 12, 2011, 04:20:42 PM »

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, I did a search for AOP first before posting, and didn't read anything like this issue.  I was once part of a small 3 and 1/2 server IRC network.  My best friend and I started the network about 5 years ago.  Then one day I was kicked out of the network, but because of my local computer repair business I had to keep an IRC network.  I changed everything in my server's config file linking me to the network I was kicked out of and I setup Anope on my server machine.  My server machine is Windows XP.  I got my Anope and Unreal IRCd to link up after some trial and errors on my part of not completely RTFM...  The following issue I'm having may also be a lack of RTFM on my part, but since I'm pressed for time now with my job and my business, I thought I would ask for help.  Again this question may have a simple answer and cause me to want to kick myself in the rear.

The question is this:  I've registered a few channels in Chanserv, when I go to add my eggdrop bot to the AOP list, I'll type this:

/chanserv aop #chat add SLASHBot

Chanserv responds:

[10:13] [Notice] -ChanServ- You can't use this command. Use the ACCESS command instead.
[10:13] [Notice] -ChanServ- Type /msg ChanServ HELP ACCESS for more information.

I don't know that much about ACCESS, and I don't understand the level things.  I just want it simple (SOP, AOP, XOP, HOP, and VOP are simple to me).
Can some tell me how to get my IRCOp/Servicesroot screen name to have the use of the SOP, AOP, XOP, HOP, and VOP lists?

Again I am sorry if this was asked before, I did a search for AOP here, and I even tried to Google my question before posting.  Thanks again.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: Unreal 3.2.8.1 and Anope 1.8.6 - Chanserv AOP not working.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 06:45:22 PM »

Hi John,

Try /chanserv set #yourchannel xop on

This should then allow you to use AOP, etc.

To make this a default for all newly registered channels search in your services.conf for CSDefXOP and make sure it is enabled (ie, no # in front).

The above change in services.conf will not update existing channels, you will need to do those manually with the command I provided.

Regards,

Charles

John Riley

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »

Charles,

Thanks.  I noticed CSDefXOP, was already uncommented, but so is, CSDefNone.
If I read the services.conf correctly, Having CSDefNone uncommented turns off the CSDef options.  Correct?

Riley

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 09:29:33 AM »

Indeed.

John Riley

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:45:04 PM »

Charles and Anope Team,

Okay, thanks!  This team was great and quick to deal with my issue.  Thanks again, Charles.  I am greatly happy with Anope and the team here.  We can close this thread now or keep it open for the next moron who miss reads services.conf the frist time and uncomments the CSDefNone like my stupid self did.

Thanks,

Riley
Pages: [1]   Go Up