Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope 1.7.13: Opers own all channels?  (Read 5120 times)

ShelLuser

Anope 1.7.13: Opers own all channels?
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:51:48 PM »

Hi there,

I upgraded from 1.7.12 to .13 some time ago and today I spotted something odd..  While participating in a channel to which I only had AOP access I noticed that I could easily add and remove users while this wasn't possible with the previous version.

A few opers and myself did some testing and it seems that being an OperServ admin gives you full access to all channels, while this wasn't the case on the previous version if I remember correctly. With "full access" I'm referring to being able to change channel settings (like peace and the likes) or adding / removing people while you're not even in the channels access list. To my knowledge this was only possible when someone turned on the "super-admin" mode.

Have I stumbled upon something odd here or did I miss out something obvious during the last upgrade ?

SpaceDoG

• Anope User
    • http://www.hypermutt.net
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 10:17:19 PM »

Are you a services admin? If so that explains it. Every version of the Anope 1.7 issue I've used I've been SA and been able to alter any user setting. As for being local/global oper and on OS's admin list and having that power I dunno. I'll test it with my opers.

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 11:14:29 PM »

Originally posted by SpaceDoG
Are you a services admin? If so that explains it.

That depends on what you mean with services admin. I see I forgot to mention that I'm using Unreal as ircd which also uses 'services admin' as an oper level. To me a services admin is basicly someone who is added in OperServ's admin list.

The Unreal level of services admin has no effect at all in this, which I consider logical behaviour since there is a difference in ircd control and services control.

I'm a service root and we determined that the same behaviour applies to services admins. Like I said; I could be overlooking the obvious here and simply recall certain events in a wrong way.

Thanks for your response. I guess I'm simply seeing things which aren't there.

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 04:40:32 PM »

Well, I finally discovered the source for my confusion. It turns out that if a services administrator (someone added to operserv's admin list) is given access to a channel his access is limited on one side, but totally open on the other. Personally I consider this a little confusing.

So, for example, on #cservice I have limited access. Therefor I can't simply op/deop someone:

[#cservice] /cs op #cservice wlfshmn
-ChanServ!services@nekonet.irc- Access denied.

However, I can change the access list without any problems:

[#cservice] /cs access #cservice add wlfshmn 5
-ChanServ!services@nekonet.irc- wlfshmn added to #cservice access list at level 5.

And this is what caused my confusion.

Alex

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 08:16:36 AM »

Well to me it looks strange when a Services-Oper also are added as Services-Admin as soon as they are added to the Oper List in OperServ. Actually in my understanding, a Services-Oper are not an admin, but a regular oper or am I totally wrong now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up