Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading old databases with enc_old - incorrect password.  (Read 5042 times)

Matt

• Anope User
Loading old databases with enc_old - incorrect password.
« on: July 29, 2014, 04:38:08 PM »

Hi,

I have databases from an old version of anope which use enc_old.

I have installed anope 2.0.1 and tried the following configuration:

module
{
        name = "db_old"

/*
         * This is the encryption type used by the databases. This must be set correctly or
         * your passwords will not work. Valid options are: md5, oldmd5, sha1, and plain.
         * You must also be sure to load the correct encryption module below in the Encryption
         * Modules section so that your passwords work.
         */
        hash = "oldmd5"
}

module { name = "enc_md5" }
module { name = "enc_old" }

When i start the services and look at the log, I see that it loads the nicknames from the old databases, but when my users try to identify I get incorrect password.

How do I use databases from an old anope install on this version of anope?

Thanks

Adam

• Team
Re: Loading old databases with enc_old - incorrect password.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:41:28 PM »

This looks ok to me.

Matt

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »

Yeah that's what I thought. but it doesn't work.

I have also tried the following, just incase:

module
{
        name = "db_old"

/*
         * This is the encryption type used by the databases. This must be set correctly or
         * your passwords will not work. Valid options are: md5, oldmd5, sha1, and plain.
         * You must also be sure to load the correct encryption module below in the Encryption
         * Modules section so that your passwords work.
         */
        hash = "md5"
}

module { name = "enc_md5" }

This also doesn't work. My old old databases are deffiently md5 and I use to have to change the anope config to use the broken md5 hashes whenever i built a new version so im sure that it is oldmd5 that i should be using so I'm out of idea's.

Is there anything else I can try short of making all my users re-register or going back to an older version of anope (which is just delaying the problem)?

Thanks

Adam

• Team
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »

Well they wouldn't have to reregister, just reset their passwords with /ns reestpass. Its possible that theres something incorrect with the oldmd5 conversion mechanism, I do not see many people using it nowadays. If you come by irc.anope.org #anope maybe I can help more.

Matt

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 04:56:32 PM »

Cheers Adam,

Thanks for the quick replies.  I guess there is something odd going on with the conversion of the passwords.  I don't really see what else I can do in the config to get it to work.

Maybe I will roll back to an older version of anope and send set a logon notice for everyone to make sure their email addresses are up to date before going back to anope 2 and making everyone do reset password.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:19:48 PM »

This turned out to be an issue with anope compiled on the arm arch.

The md5 implementation doesn't seem to work correctly on arm. I tested version 1.8.9 and 2.0.1 with no luck.

For the benefit of anyone else that may be trying this. I was informed that the sha256 encryption method may work and is more supported if there are any issues.

Cheers to Adam for the help on here and irc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up