Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reverse option to group: /ns group ADD | DEL GroupNick  (Read 7019 times)

MeiR

• Anope User
Reverse option to group: /ns group ADD | DEL GroupNick
« on: June 02, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »

I'm not sure if it should be a core feature or a module.

Anyway, it'll save the need to move the new nick, then supplying pass and grouping it to the registered one.
User will stay identified with his nick, then will manipulate the group list as he desire.

Adding, of course, will be possible only if nick is available in both services and ircd.

I always thought it's a bit unneeded [or anoyying?] that when you wanna remove a nick from your group list, you should move to it, then drop it, then go back to the registered nick. :\

The original grouping method can be changed to "/ns group TO RegisteredNick pass"

Amanda Folson

• Anope User
  • O_O
    • ZomgIRC
Re: Reverse option to group: /ns group ADD | DEL GroupNick
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:10:26 PM »

How is adding "TO" much different from the command now?

I don't really see how this works really...In my mind, having to /nick to the nickname you want to drop is a security measure to prevent people from dropping your nickname remotely.

MeiR

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »

How is adding "TO" much different from the command now?
It's not at all. The original must be changed 'cause the first argument in "/ns group" will be the action.

I'll try to explain better:
Let's assume your registered nick is "Amanda", u have this nick currently + u'r identified, and u wanna add "zomg" to the group.
You won't have to "/nick zomg" and then group it to "Amanda". You'll just do "/ns group add zomg".
And deletion will be from some grouped nick as well. "/ns group del zomg".

Currently, u must switch to the new nick, then supply the password [or to do "/ns drop" in case of deleting], and then go back to the registered nick.
But not with my idea, which all his aim is to save all these unneeded actions.

The "TO" method will be for the original way of performing the command from the new unregistered nick.

No any need to worry from "remotely dropping", 'cause you're the owner of all group anyway.

Btw, it gives me more idea: An ability to drop a nick that you own [it's in your group list], with "/ns drop NICK".
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:57:50 PM by MeiR »

MeiR

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 07:59:36 PM »

Sorry for the bump.

I assume that changing "/ns group" syntax isn't considerable, so an alternative idea came up to my mind.

It just looks unneeded to me, to enter the desired nick, and to provide my pass again, while I'm already identified.
So, if "NSNickTracking" is enabled in conf, I believe that "/ns group nick" [without pass] will be enough.

Hope that others will agree with me. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up