Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cs_join module with Anope 1.8.4  (Read 5138 times)

Peter

• Anope User
cs_join module with Anope 1.8.4
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »

Hello

I`m using the module cs_join. The problems is when ChanServ join a registerd channel after restart and i droped it ChanServ doesn`t leave the channel and this channel is becoming inactive because noone can get @ because of ChanServ. Can anyone solve this?

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: cs_join module with Anope 1.8.4
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »

This cannot be solved because it is because of the very design of that module...
ChanServ (and any other services pseudo-client for that matter) is not meant to be in a channel. Anope is not aware of its existence like it is for botserv bots. So when a module forces one of these clients into a channel, the ircd will know about it, but anope won't. So to anope a channel with only chanserv in it doesn't exist, whereas for the ircd it does.. this causes desyncs which lead to the problem you mentioned, but also breaks cs unban, invite and some other things..

There are other modules you can look into that avoid these problems, but because it requires much more complex code, the majority of the modules that put pseudo-clients in channels do it the bad way. There are 2 modules I know of that shouldn't cause any problems: my cs_inhabit_registered and Adam's  m_chanserv.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Peter

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »

Okay thanks for the help :) I will try them.

DrkEagle

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 01:58:06 AM »

I posted in another thread and I'm guessing this is the module I was looking for, I think.  After reading it a few times, I'm a little confused. It says that ChanServ will leave if no BotServ or real users are in the channel, correct?

How do we get ChanServ to STAY in a registered channel all by itself? Thus keeping channel modes set perm.

Example: If you register #opers and you set it to +k and the channel becomes empty, the +k is reset when the last person leaves the channel, making it so anyone can join.

I got the explanation from here: http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6870 by katsklaw who is also here. I'm just wondering if there is a module for this.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:59:49 AM by Ty »

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 02:54:48 AM »

http://modules.anope.org/index.php?page=view&id=186

You should also upgrade to the latest stable 1.8.5

DrkEagle

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 03:05:08 AM »

Thanks, running 1.8.5 now!

While this doesn't do what I want to the 'T', this will be good for now until/if there is ever  a way how I really want it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:16:34 AM by Ty »
Pages: [1]   Go Up