Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some questions, help please.  (Read 4830 times)

Laterport

• Anope User
Some questions, help please.
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:27:18 PM »

Hi, I have several questions, which I'd like to find the answers for. I've decided to put all of them into one topic to avoid generating many discussions. I hope you'll be able to help me. Thanks in advance for your responses!

I use IRCd 3.2.9 & Anope services 1.8.7. They are installed on a server running on FreeBSD 8.0.
IRCd is being launched from the root account, and the services start under normal user privileges.

1. Which way is it better to generate permanent virtual hosts (vhost) for users? How do I make the vhost to apply right after user identification?
2. Hosts that were banned using Gline & Kline, disappear from the database after IRCd restart, how can I fix this?
3. Large messages are sent in blocks (especially private messages). I tried to enable RAW mode in services and use svsnolag but it did not work. How can i solve this problem?
4. Can I set the system up so that a registered nickname would change to "Guest" if it's not been identified in 60 seconds? (I mean a global rule, not one for a specified user).

Fawkes

• Anope User
Re: Some questions, help please.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »

1. see hostserv
2. this is not an anope issue.
3. define large messages in blocks ???
4. read the example.conf more carefully.

Fawkes

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »

1. Which way is it better to generate permanent virtual hosts (vhost) for users?
hostserv..? is there another way? if there is, it s likely not through anope (and thus beyond our scope :) )

How do I make the vhost to apply right after user identification?
"/msg hostserv on"? vhosts are always applied after ID'ing..

2. Hosts that were banned using Gline & Kline, disappear from the database after IRCd restart, how can I fix this?
this is not something that can be 'fixed' because it s not a bug.. there is not even a database for glines & klines. the ircd stores them in memory and all are lost upon restart. if you want them to persist, use anope to place bans as it does use a database backend, glines however do not. Note that this is not related to anope, entirely controlled by the ircd...

3. Large messages are sent in blocks (especially private messages). I tried to enable RAW mode in services and use svsnolag but it did not work. How can i solve this problem?
we don't support RAW, in fact admitting to using raw means you won't get any support from us at all..
i don't see an anope problem here either.. if svsnolag doesn't work, try checking unreal support; as i recall though, you still need correctly configured class and allow blocks and i even think unreal has to be compiled with a special flag to even allow the use of the svsnolag.. again though, ask the ircd stuff, to the ircd people, they should know..

Can I set the system up so that a registered nickname would change to "Guest" if it's not been identified in 60 seconds? (I mean a global rule, not one for a specified user).
edit: i guess your description can be interpreted different ways.. i thought you meant changing the nick of all connecting users if they don't ID... if you instead mean the default setting for NS SET KILL, check NsDef* in services.conf...
original: what would you do with a user whose nick is 'guest'? :p
kinda pointless imho, but sure it should be possible using a module, though nothing nothing like this exists already as far as I know..
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:59:38 PM by Jan Milants »
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Denver Freeburn

• Anope User
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 01:58:57 PM »

It is possible with anope.

NSGuestNickPrefix   "Guest"
in the configuration

as for the time parameter I'm not sure as I removed definitions I wasn't using from my own configuration
I'm climbing through the wrecking of all my twisted dreams but this cheap investigation just can't stifle all my screams and I'm waiting.. waiting at the crossroads.. waiting for you

Laterport

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »

Thanks a lot for your answers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up