Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SPAM Detection  (Read 9181 times)

Bsd

SPAM Detection
« on: July 23, 2006, 06:43:05 PM »

Have been getting spam messages, or users reporting it.  I have some spam filters in place via UnrealIRCD settings and module.  Still getting msgs via privmsg.  Would be nice if someone was using auto pricmsg and services setup fake users that run off services.server.com and when msged randomly with color or long text msgs would ban the person.  Whatchyall think?  Any ideas?

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 10:39:07 PM »

Isn't this the idea behide SecureServ in NeoStats?
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 08:32:05 AM »

If you have used the spamfilters in unreal, why don't you just add the p flag to them and have them monitor private messages too?

I don't see the point in adding spam protection to anope, its just another overhead which is best dealt with elsewhere and better. (Same as proxy detection......)

Bsd

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 01:52:12 PM »

Well SecureServ is setup to get rid of somet stuf, not spam-specific
I have the spamfilters in unreal setup and services and everything to watch for it, but some still get thru.  I also was thinking of privmsg flooding by ddos bots, anyone know how to protect against botnets that floodmsg everyone in a channel?  my mirc script kicked in, but still its very annoying, and I wanted to ban them, but by the time I got back and saw it, they were gone.

Deja-Vu

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 09:24:40 PM »

Some answers to Bsd's last post...

I found myself dealing with the same thing and this worked for me.
First i set the p flags in the spam filters that took care of a large porportion of it. Secondly i added an open proxy monitor ( 9 out of 10 spammers will use a proxy and the actual user will probally be sitting in your channel watching.) Third thing i did was train my chanops to reconize and take corrective action against anyone found doing such deeds. My problem is almost non existant now.  IE: bans can be set  at any given time provided you retain the host information you want to ban.

Niazi

• Anope User
Re: SPAM Detection
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:15:28 AM »

i need spam protection some one spam on my server in main channels and users pm spam word is I|R|C and I*R*C
how i protect

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: SPAM Detection
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 06:09:54 PM »

Configure your IRCd to do this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up