Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no oper block for your nick/access deined  (Read 18043 times)

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
no oper block for your nick/access deined
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:33:13 PM »

https://pastebin.anope.org/index.php?page=viewpaste&id=8986016aa7 is my oper blocks from services and unreal. i've went to the irc #anope place and they tried to help but i still get the same thing. no oper block for your nick or i get access denied. i've tried with and without password. operserv seems to only want me to login. when i type /operserv help it only gives me the options to login or logout. i can't do either one. i'm sorry for bugging yall but i dunno what else to do here. i've read that you need an oper block in unreal but i have one already, do i need another? thanks again :)

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: no oper block for your nick/access deined
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

opering in the ircd and logging in to operserv are 2 distinct and different processes. By default you cannot login to operserv until you have successfully /oper'ed.

Fix unreal first, always use a password. Make sure you are editing the correct file if you edit the file on your local PC, make sure you upload it to your ircd server and rehash.

THEN and only then, try to log into operserv.

wilco

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 03:02:41 PM »

remove line 20 and 32

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 12:34:46 AM »

opering in the ircd and logging in to operserv are 2 distinct and different processes. By default you cannot login to operserv until you have successfully /oper'ed.

Fix unreal first, always use a password. Make sure you are editing the correct file if you edit the file on your local PC, make sure you upload it to your ircd server and rehash.

THEN and only then, try to log into operserv.
ok when i'm oper'd i still can't login to operserv. i get no operblock for your nick. ok my question is do i make another oper block besides the one i already have configured in my unreal? like make one for operserv? or something?

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 01:37:13 AM »

ok when i'm oper'd i still can't login to operserv. i get no operblock for your nick. ok my question is do i make another oper block besides the one i already have configured in my unreal? like make one for operserv? or something?

Unreal IRCd is a completely separate program from Anope, they has different configuration files. These programs are designed to work together is a seamless fashion but are indeed independent. Operators in Anope are not the same as Operators in Unreal, so if you want the same person to be an Operator in both, you must configure both.

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »

Unreal IRCd is a completely separate program from Anope, they has different configuration files. These programs are designed to work together is a seamless fashion but are indeed independent. Operators in Anope are not the same as Operators in Unreal, so if you want the same person to be an Operator in both, you must configure both.

i understand they are different but i guess my question is the unreal oper block there i have posted, is that the one I'm supposed to be using or do i make another one to add to that one to go with the services.conf one? like do i make a seperate oper block for services.conf on unrealircd.conf? or do i use the oper block i already configured when starting unreal? see i'm lost. i apologize katsklaw for being so lost on this. i'm really trying here.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »

One block per config file:

unrealircd.conf
Code: [Select]
oper red33 {
class           clients;
from {
userhost *@*;
};
password "mypassword";
flags NOCAarDhwgcLkKbBnWHvqd;
};

services.conf

Code: [Select]
oper
{
name = "red33"
type = "Services Root"
require_oper = yes
password = "mypassword"
}

It does seem a bit confusing I know. Many people don't know the ircd and services are different programs. Adding to the confusion is that in both programs, the oper blocks look alike.

Add the above to their respective config files. Notice I removed the host and vHost lines as well as the comments from the services oper block and changed the ircd oper block address to *@*. *@* means "match all hosts". We will change that later, for now lets just get it working. ;)

After you add those blocks to the ircd and services, rehash the ircd and services.

Then:

1. /oper red33 mypassword Do not attempt to login to Services until this step succeeds.
2. /msg nickserv identify password (remember this is your NICKSERV password, not your oper password).
3. /msg operserv login mypassword

After this is successful, then go back in to both config files and make your hostmasks more specific. For example, in unrealircd.conf change the userhost to something that matches your real host in the format of "*ident@*my-isp.net" (without the quotes).

Hope that helps.

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »

still getting no oper block for your nick. :/ also i was thinking do i need to restart services when i update the services.conf? how do i do that on putty? i've tried and tried and nothing. thanks for all that work you did up there! i'm sorry i feel like a complete moron right now. sad part is 6 yrs ago i did all of this by myself with little to no help :( i used to know this stuff like the back of my hand abd i just lost it all. you don't use it you lose it. trust me.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 07:51:20 PM »

Are you sure you are uploading the correct file to unreal?
What's the files name?
How are you rehashing unreal after you make edits?

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »

Are you sure you are uploading the correct file to unreal?
What's the files name?
How are you rehashing unreal after you make edits?
ok I am in the folder called Unreal3.2.10.4, i goto unrealircd.conf in the Unreal3.2.10.4 directory. then to rehash, i go into putty and goto cd Unreal3.2.10.4 then ./unreal rehash

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »

I stopped by your net to see if I could help you get this fixed a bit quicker but no one replied.

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 12:14:14 AM »

oh crud! im sorry. i had an emergency i had to attend to. i'm so thrilled you actually took the time to come by. sorry i missed you. i'll be on my server tonight working on it and all of tomorrow. just whenever. thanks so much katsklaw!! you rock!!

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 01:00:11 PM »

my problem is i don't know how to rehash services in putty. there is my problem right there! i bet.

wilco

• Anope User
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 01:02:27 PM »

join irc.anope.org #anope and get real time support im there too

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »

can someone please tell me how to rehash services in putty? i think that's my problem. i've searched google and nothing. thank you so much!

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 03:52:44 AM »

Depends on which services.

Anope is: ./anoperc rehash

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 08:33:19 AM »

ok now, when i rehash anope services it says anope is currently not running but all my services are on my shell. and when i try to start anope it says server exists. O.o what does this mean? i just still cant get into operserv yet. so i thought i needed to rehash services when i configured it. like you do unreal.

Cheryl Darden

• Anope User
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 12:34:44 AM »

lol yall can finally close this or whatever! got my shell running!! even operserv!! now gotta connect my 2nd shell LOL! which should be a cake walk now :) thank to all of you wonderful ppl who helped me :) thank you for being here and helping me especially katsklaw, who even came on my server to help me tho i wasnt around! thank you :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up