Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRC Network Questions  (Read 5014 times)

Stew

• Anope User
IRC Network Questions
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:10:51 AM »

I have been apart of IRC networks/communities for coming up on ten years. I have recently been given Operserv on our network, so my first question is.... how do you register channels with operserv? In the process of getting operserv my nick was dropped so my group channels were un-registered. I have looked all over the internet to figure out how to get them back, when I try and re-register them it says I am not the channel creator (as others are already in it).

2nd question is; when I was given oper I cant turn on superadmin or anything and the admin who gave me oper wasn't sure how to go about it. I was added (I can join #opers) and I can give status from any channel etc. But I can not turn on superadmin or use svsnick or any of those commands.

If anyone has any idea to help me, It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Eyecu

• Anope User
Re: IRC Network Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:51:56 PM »

Alot of your questions would depend on what level of access you were given, and what version of anope the network is using. 

As for the channel questions you wouldn't use operserv to register the channels you would still use chanserv.  If ppl have already re-registered your channels you could go ask them to return them to you. All they would have to do is set the founder to your nick via chanserv set command.  Short of that you would have to get an op with the proper access to services to change the founder status of said channels to you. 

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: IRC Network Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:52:55 AM »

RE superadmin. SuperAdmin isn't enabled on all networks, some choose to disable it because it can be easily abused. SuperAdmin is also restricted to ServicesRoots only. However, you need to learn the very basics long before worring about SuperAdmin. Basics like: /chanserv help

ALL commands starting with SVS* are actually services commands and as an oper you really shouldn't be using them because they are highly abusive. Abuse your users and they will all leave. I promise.

After 10 years on IRC you should at least know how to use services help functions. *ALL* services packages have them and have had them for much longer than 10 years. I could understand not knowing somethings simply due to lack of exposure like say U:Lines if you you know nothing but ircu, but seriously after 10 years , you don't know help or that channels aren't registered via the OPER services bot?!?! Please .. next fairy tale.  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up