Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: module request  (Read 3707 times)

bojak71730

module request
« on: October 07, 2007, 08:51:15 PM »

i was thinking is there a module that you can load that will have all the commands in like menu bars and then when u click that command if you need a display box to type in username or somthing u can do that im thinking if u make a bot or module like that it will help owners of the servers jobs easier

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:14:32 PM »

uhm, no.

You are thinking about a GUI on your PC. Anope modules add/del functionality to Services. 2 TOTALLY different things.

UPDATE:

Let me explain a bit further. an IRC server and Services usually run on a different computer than your regular PC. It's not currently possible for Anope to send the proper data to your PC to create/destroy GUI windows.

IRC Admins are expected to already know basic IRC commands before becoming Admins. so they should already be used to how Services works. You can write a cript in your clients langauge, if your client supports scripting, and generate some popups to perform commands over IRC. To date I don't know of any that exist though. Try google if you are looking for pop-ups.

[Edited on 7-10-2007 by katsklaw]
Pages: [1]   Go Up