Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multi languages  (Read 5659 times)

EZEki3l

multi languages
« on: September 07, 2006, 03:14:16 PM »

Hello :)

I would know if it possible to add multi language in all off anope to see translated messages in logchan, globops and other events like usage of nickserv ghost command in the source and in modules.
I would services use langage which is define in services.conf with  NSDefLanguage setting.

I try to learn C coding and I am able to make some changes and tranlations or modify in fr.l file but I don't know at the moment how to do and I can't modify source files because it' unsupported.

Also what do you think about a new part in forum like
International
If you speak any langauge other then English, you can post here and someone may be able to help you.

on unrealircd forum and a similar channel on IRC ?

I think it can be help peoples who don't speak english and many people will like my request.

All of your opinions will be welcomed :)

[Edite le 7-9-2006 par EZEki3l]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 10:45:17 PM »

modifying the source code does void your support, however if you are helping us by translating parts of Anope to a language not already included or completing a translation that is not finished, then we will take that into consideration. If you have completed a translation and would like it included then you are welcome to submit your changes and they might be included in the next release.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:24:33 PM »

the messages that get outputted to the logchan are all hardcoded into the source... impossible to translate that without going over all of the code and replacing all alog()'s by a replacement...
the alog()'s are in the first place meant as a tool for admins and developpers to see what s going on in the first place - at least imho - ... not meant to be multi-language. a french module write for example could write what his mod outputs in french, most just stick to english though...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

EZEki3l

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 02:15:49 AM »

If I want to translate that:

<-- EZEki3l has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by X-]))

<Global> NickServ: `-_ZzZ_-`!Bouh@host.tld logged out nickname `-_ZzZ_-`

* *** Global -- from OperServ: `-_ZzZ_-` added an SQLINE for *eoijgzeoigjezoigjoizegj* (does not expire)

and all other events that users and staff can see on IRC server

You think it's possible to replace this with a module ?

And
impossible to translate that without going over all of the code and replacing all alog()'s by a replacement

It exactly what I want but if it cause anope doesn't work right or if devellopers prefer don't modify this part I understand that it's not possible :)

But the languages files fr.l and en_us.l and other I think must be updated because the vocabulary is not exactly right or it need changes with new/old features like memoserv notify mail/nomail and may be other things
I will update fr.l and post a link when I will finish
Pages: [1]   Go Up