Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [request] /msg OperServ modreload FILENAME  (Read 7260 times)

GhosT

[request] /msg OperServ modreload FILENAME
« on: February 17, 2007, 08:18:35 AM »

Dear all,

Normally, to reload an anope module, we have to unload and load it back, right? So, I think it is a good idea if we could use modreload for unload and load module back.

I am afraid that some already request this already. So, ignore it if it is already requested before.

Thanks,

ben

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 10:52:34 PM »

ok i may not understand alot about modules for services, but does /msg OperServ reload do the same thing?

[Edited on 7/7/2007 by ben]

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:35:26 AM »

/os reload would restart the whole services, think what Ghost wants is a way to cause a module that may depend on changes to a config file to unload and load without having to /os modunload and /os modload
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 01:29:05 AM »

yup I also would love it :D

some 3rd-party-modules (nah I know you dont really like to give support for that) and some outdated modules that  still work... sometimes dont really work as well. example: the module "zbot", I often have to "reload" that module. esp. after netsplits. so such an advanced feature would be nice.

ben

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:17:46 AM »

thats really funny as soon as i replied to 5 month old idea that no one cared about suddenly everyones talking here (or at least 2 people), close enough

btw your welcome ghost

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 10:01:59 AM »

Originally posted by Trystan
/os reload would restart the whole services, think what Ghost wants is a way to cause a module that may depend on changes to a config file to unload and load without having to /os modunload and /os modload

/os reload merely re-loads the config file, it does not restart the entire services (there is /os restart for that)
Pages: [1]   Go Up