Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new services  (Read 12214 times)

KOLZ

new services
« on: February 06, 2006, 05:37:16 AM »

Hmm.. I say bring over love serv and other new entertainment services. I know there is stuff you can download and add it to the package but I am talking about it already being there.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 07:21:30 AM »

The chance of us adding stuff like LoveServ to anope core is practically nil.  This is a perfect example of what modules are for.

FuRiOuS

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »

While I have LoveServ and GameServ myself I really don't think they should be built in, if they were built in it would be more of a headache for the programmers, and not everybody uses or even wants it.  So for those that don't want it they don't use it.  And it's entirely possible to have LoveServ without having NeoStats, Trystan has it and I got mine from him and it works perfectly.  By allowing people to add the extras that they want it keeps the size of anope down and allows people to customize it how they want it.

SkaterStuff

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 04:03:13 PM »

right like me i don't need love serv :)

KOLZ

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 06:08:21 AM »

lol then its that simple of adding a comment to take it out and disabling it if it's nto wanted, but I'm sure it would make it easier on the people that have to constantly compile it so it works with every new version won'nt mind it. :P Not everyone finds compiling so easy, yes it's hard to believe but it's true. ;)  But yeah Rob if it's not added that's cool, just an idea.

FuRiOuS

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 01:19:48 PM »

Compiling isn't that hard.  I'm one of the biggest n00bs to this stuff and even I figured out how to compile.  And I am completely new to linux, putty, and all this stuff.  So if I can figure it out, there is hope for the others in the world. :)

KOLZ

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 01:47:04 PM »

[Edited on 8-2-2006 by KOLZ]

SkaterStuff

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

Originally posted by KOLZ
lol then its that simple of adding a comment to take it out and disabling it if it's nto wanted, but I'm sure it would make it easier on the people that have to constantly compile it so it works with every new version won'nt mind it. :P Not everyone finds compiling so easy, yes it's hard to believe but it's true. ;)  But yeah Rob if it's not added that's cool, just an idea.

I do see where your coming from but like rob said the chance of them adding them to anope is slim as most peaple can compil most mods and addons..

but there are other things out there that do have loveserv and gameserv without nickserv and chanserv..

Kei

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »

Right.  Keeping these extras out makes things go smoother when you compile. The more we add to the core, the more chance something will break. Also, there are a few variations to LoveServ, etc. If we implement one, then if someone wants a different one, they'd be unable to unload the old one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up