Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash on NickRegDelay 0  (Read 6045 times)

Aikar

• Anope User
Crash on NickRegDelay 0
« on: August 16, 2008, 03:26:33 AM »

I set NickRegDelay  to 0 to simply make it not require any delay, and services then crashed
[10:27:19pm] [VanaChat] !leviathan.vanachat.com *** LocOps -- Received SQUIT services.vanachat.com from
          services.vanachat.com[64.119.128.154] (Error during the reload of the configuration file!)

Simply restarted services with the line commented out and it loaded back fine.
this seems like a bug? Services shouldnt crash due to a value of 0 instead of commenting out :/

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
Re: Crash on NickRegDelay 0
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:21:14 AM »

To be clear services didn't crash. They gave an error of failing to load the config file on an attempt to restart with an invalid value
NickRegDelay must be a positive int. Thus 1 and above

Had you attempted to start Anope from the shell it would have told you this and failed to load in the first place
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

Aikar

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:39:39 AM »

Woulda thought a failed reload would simply keep using the old file like a rehash on the ircd does :/

Plus, for that specific entry i dont see why 0 shouldnt be acceptable for that entry.

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »

to disable the delay, or set it to '0' you need to comment it out.
0 doesn't specify a time period, so no delay, so directive shouldn't be present.. all variables like this expect a positive int and when to be disabled to be commented out.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Aikar

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 09:51:51 AM »

I understand that, i just was expecting it to smartly auto ignore the setting if 0 instead of shutting services down completely :/
Maybe in future version change it to not kill services on small errors like that and just warn?

katsklaw

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »

Maybe in future version change it to not kill services on small errors like that and just warn?

Maybe you should report the bug in the present at http://bugs.anope.org so that it can be fixed for the future.

To be clear services didn't crash. They gave an error of failing to load the config file on an attempt to restart with an invalid value
NickRegDelay must be a positive int. Thus 1 and above

Anope squit when it reloaded, thus essentually accepting the invalid value as evident in the LocOps message. If there are invalid values in the config file, Anope should gracefully abort the reload (read as keep running and not squit) and warn the user.

The user did a reload according to the LocOps, the user then commented the line out and started from shell.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:01:40 PM by katsklaw »
Pages: [1]   Go Up