Denora Stats (discontinued) > Denora 1.5.x Support (Read Only)

sync problems

<< < (3/3)

k0nsl:
Sorry to resurrect a seemingly disbanded topic, but I have this problem too. What solutions are there other than increasing wait_timeout in MySQL?

-k0nsl

Hal9000:
Running MySQL and Denora on the same server is always recommended due to the high volume of queries.
Also, the backup module requires special permissions which are not enabled by default for mysql users.

Jens Voss:
This error was caused by mysql_backup (and mysql_optimize) by not catching the mysql result.

--- Quote ---f you get Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now in your client code, you are calling client functions in the wrong order.

This can happen, for example, if you are using mysql_use_result() and try to execute a new query before you have called mysql_free_result(). It can also happen if you try to execute two queries that return data without calling mysql_use_result() or mysql_store_result() in between.

--- End quote ---

Its fixed in current git. I also added a "mysql_optimize_event" module, that installs an mysql event on modload to automatically execute "OPTIMIZE TABLE" each midnight. This event is triggered and executed directly on the mysql server.

How many people use mysql_backup? Should we make a mysql_backup_event module for it, too?
(Could be a bit more complicated than the OPTIMIZE TABLE event, but should be doable)

The "BACKUP TABLE" command is deprecated and removed in MySQL 5.5 ( see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/backup-table.html ) , so our mysql_backup module will only work with mysql versions before 5.5. Many newer distributions already use 5.5+, so I think we probably could burn this module with fire.

Hal9000:
kill it! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version