Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question  (Read 4349 times)

unforsaken

Question
« on: December 17, 2006, 09:03:34 AM »

If this seems to be a silly question or something that I should know please forgive me...I have a medical condition that prevents me from getting more than 1-2 hours of sleep a night so my mind is almost completely gone.  I've just setup unreal3.2 and anope 1.7 and I'm wondering if there is a way I can get chanserv to join a channel after its been registered.  Similar to what X/W/Z, etc.  I just want something that will be in the channel other then a standard bot, that some of the channel owners who haven't worked with /chanserv commands much can find a lil more peaceful.  Kinda the whole if I see him there I know it worked philosiphy.  I tried looking thru the configs and didn't see much to do this.  Please if someone can tell me if this can or can't be accomplished and if so how I would do it.  Thanx a bunch

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 11:13:11 AM »

chanserv s not designed to idle in the registered channels and the only way to do it is with a module...

cs_inhabitregistered does this, but you should know that it s an old module and no longer maintained. it was written for 1.6 but may still work or it may not..... http://www.anope.org/modules/cs_inhabitregistered.c
note that if you use it your botserv bots will be parted from all channels and all botserv function will stop working (kicking on caps etc.., fantasy,....)
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 03:26:03 PM »

I use BotServ instead of ChanServ because BotServ can listen to public commands like !op, !voice, !kick ... etc..

What use is bs_autoassign, this places a BotServ bot into the channel as soon as it is registered. Then I also use bs_fantasy_ext that extends the public commands list and has a nifty help menu built in. The combination of these t2o modules makes it so some people won't need to provide a channel bot.

Set back to this combination is that BotServ bots dont keep the channel open, when the last person leaves .. so does the bot.

Tom65789

• Anope User
    • www.t65789.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 03:29:44 PM »

i still have my module i wrote which builds the BotServ fantasy engine into ChanServ and has the cs_inhabitregistered built into it. Dunno what its like anymoer but ur welcome to try it

[Edited on 17-12-2006 by Tom65789]

BigBen

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 03:44:42 PM »

where's the site to try it at?

Tom65789

• Anope User
    • www.t65789.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 04:01:27 PM »

k...it will need compiling and i have no idea what it will do..last tried it with 1.7.14 of anope.

http://www.area51designz.com/c/anope/cs_fantasy-1.0-RC2.tar.gz

infact i have some spare time now...i'll have a look at it

[Edited on 17-12-2006 by Tom65789]
Pages: [1]   Go Up