Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bot problems  (Read 6045 times)

Brian

• Anope User
Bot problems
« on: December 01, 2010, 02:20:16 AM »

I have unrealircd 3.2 and anope 1.8.5 running on a Windows 2003 32 bit server. I also have mysql running, and imported the schema from anope. I have services starting unreal, which triggers anope.

Here are my questions.
1. I have noticed that since initialization of anope, it creates mulitple *.DB in the anope\data folder. Is this common, or does this indicate that Anope isn't correctly connecting to the mysql service? I ran anope.exe -debug -nofork and created a logfile. Everything says it's running without error. The chanserv and nickserv information holds after a reboot.

2. This evening I added a bot. That worked fine. However, when I added it to a channel, it sent the anope service into a loop that crashes the service. On a hunch, I removed the bot.db from the anope\data folder and the service is stable again. Are their specific statements in place when adding a bot? Here is a clip from the loop:

[Nov 30 19:34:22 2010] debug: Received: :irc.<name>.com MODE #home -oh B_ot B_ot 0
[Nov 30 19:34:22 2010] debug: Changing modes for #<chan> to -oh B_ot B_ot 0
[Nov 30 19:34:22 2010] debug: Sent: :B_ot MODE #<chan> +o B_ot

Got any ideas? I'd appreciate suggestions. Thanks -B

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: Bot problems
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 02:27:14 AM »

1> Anope 1.8 mysql is not a live sql connection. it still reads and writes form it's flat FFF *.db files. The sql is there to dump to and you can load from, but not read and write.

2> Sounds like U:Lines, please insure that *all* unreal servers have the correct ulines block and it's case sensitive, so caps matter. This *must* be done before services is connected as it must be introduced as a U:Lined server.

Brian

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 02:43:49 AM »

this is what is stated in the ulines section:
ulines {
   services.<name>.com;
   stats.<name>.com;
};

However, when I rehash, I get this error message:
[20:30] -irc.<name>.com- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:118: Ignoring extra data
[20:30] -irc.<name>.com- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:118: Ignoring extra section start
[20:30] -irc.<name>.com- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:119: Ignoring extra data
[20:30] -irc.<name>.com- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:121: Ignoring extra close brace
[20:30] -irc.<name>.com- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:121 Ignoring extra semicolon
[20:30] -irc.<name>.com- *** Notice -- unrealircd.conf:120: unknown directive stats.<name>.com

Should I just rem out these? Thanks for your assistance. -B

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 08:01:59 AM »

No, you should fix them.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 12:51:29 PM »

That means you have a syntax error in your ircd config file above line 118. That will need to be fixed as mentioned.

Secondly, censoring out your network name and such can make it harder for use to help you. Pasting the real information, other than passwords, would be better as then we can actually compare what you have.

Example:

If you use services.MyNet.com in your ircd ulines block but your services name is actually services.mynet.com, we can't help you fix it because we see what you have modified, services.<name>.com and that could be what's wrong. I've been doing end user support for half my life, I'm 42 btw, and usually when I tell users to stop censoring their pastes so I can help they almost always reply "That's not the problem, that information is the same .. i promise" Which is fine except in many cases it doesn't match. So please, paste the real values from your config files.

If you are uncomfortable with disclosing your network name, email me your config files, real passwords are safe, and I'll look at it and get back with you. I'm not going to hijack your network or anything. I'm a former Anope QA Team Member and I'm sure Charles wouldn't have let me stay on the team if I was going around hacking users nets because they entrusted me with their passwords and sometimes their entire databases.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:54:09 PM by katsklaw »

Brian

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:41:55 PM »

semicolon missing just prior to ulines. Plugged that in and rehashed. All errors are gone.
However, in trying to create a channel bot (thinking this took care of the problem) once again put the services into its death cycle.

Is there some place in the services.conf I should look to with this condition?

I am a survivor of ConferenceRoom. They have strapped their configuration down so much it just isn't fun to use anymore and definitely not worth the money. This is my n00b moment with something that needs config scripting and am command-line challenged. I would be willing to send both services and unrealircd configs if someone wants to look at em, but I'd rather find my own mistakes and fix them.... with a little help. Thanks -B

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »

It's nice to see someone that wants to fix their own problems, but my offer stands if needed.

Lets try a tutorial I wrote a couple years ago, maybe it'll help. Please compare that tutorial to your configuration and see if there is any details that are different or missing.

Look at: http://forum.anope.org/index.php?topic=1267.0

Also, did you restart services after you fixed your ircd config errors? The error pertained to the ulines block and as I said before, services *must* be introduced as a ulined server so ulines must work prior to connecting services.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:25:29 PM by katsklaw »

Brian

• Anope User
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »

Ok, you gave me enough to iron things out. I fixed a few lines and added some others. All error messages are gone and my bot is sitting quietly in my channel. Now to figure out what the stupid thing is capable of.

Thanks for all your guiding suggestions. Maybe I'll be able to help a n00b in the future. -B
Pages: [1]   Go Up