Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bot on every defined channel  (Read 3773 times)

cerber

bot on every defined channel
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:45:11 PM »

hello,

i would like to ask you something..

If i have 20 empty channels, may i put o bot in them for the /list command to show me the available channels, even they are empty (just that bot in there)..

Thank's

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:23:51 PM »

Not using Anope, no. The reason being Anope will NOT know the bots are there. Your best bet is an eggdrop or other bot.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

cerber

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 12:18:48 AM »

Originally posted by Jobe1986
Not using Anope, no. The reason being Anope will NOT know the bots are there. Your best bet is an eggdrop or other bot.

ok,
 can you please tell me something for over 300 channels and over 10.000 users?.

thank's

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »

last time it was only 10 channels...
anyways, even though there are modules that make chanserv or other anope clients sit in channels, anope was not designed to support it and those modules basically join the clients without worrying about side effects like desyncs.
imo there s no point in keeping empty channels open either, cuz well.. they r empty and only empty chans showing up in /list doesn't look particularly good either... also keep in mind that mIRC will hide channels with less then 3 users in then from /list by default.

and if you have 300 chans and over 10.000 users, you wouldn't want a bot in every empty channel anyway since it would consume large amounts of resources that can be spend in a better way.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

cerber

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 12:56:26 AM »

Originally posted by Viper
last time it was only 10 channels...
anyways, even though there are modules that make chanserv or other anope clients sit in channels, anope was not designed to support it and those modules basically join the clients without worrying about side effects like desyncs.
imo there s no point in keeping empty channels open either, cuz well.. they r empty and only empty chans showing up in /list doesn't look particularly good either... also keep in mind that mIRC will hide channels with less then 3 users in then from /list by default.

and if you have 300 chans and over 10.000 users, you wouldn't want a bot in every empty channel anyway since it would consume large amounts of resources that can be spend in a better way.

yes i want the listing of channels even if in the channel is only one user, cause there will predefine channels, on that server you are not allowed to create new ones, and will be run on a web interface, where the users not very smart to use /Join command, and they will want to see a list and click a button to join.. i'm not an expert in irc, only in networking... if there another solution for this... i'm open minded :)

thanks again

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 01:03:24 AM »

Eggdrop has a wonderful track record at keeping channels open, get your free copy at http://eggheads.org

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 01:11:40 AM »

And if I remember correctly, there are some ircd's that allow you to specify a number of channels to always display in /list in their config without needing a bot to keep them open. Don't ask me which ircd's or how to do it though.. check you ircd docs for that
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

GhosT

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 12:26:16 PM »

If you are using unrealircd, you can define official channel block:

official-channels {
   "#Help" { topic "The official help channel, if nobody is present type /helpop helpme"; };
   "#Home";
   "#Main" { topic "The main channel"; };
};

http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIRCd/unreal32docs.html#officialchannels
Pages: [1]   Go Up