Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PTLink6 + Anope 1.7: Services currently down  (Read 3963 times)

fantasma

PTLink6 + Anope 1.7: Services currently down
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:22:41 AM »

Hi,

I am having trouble getting Anope 1.7.19 to work with PTLink 6.19.6.

Here are some lines of my settings.conf (from Anope):

ServerName  "server.just4fun.net"
RemoteServer    localhost 6667 "senha"

And here some lines from ircd.conf (PTLink):

M:server.just4fun.net::PTlink6 IRCd - www.ptlink.net
H:*::services.just4fun.net
C:127.0.0.1:password:services.just4fun.net::51
N:127.0.0.1:password:services.just4fun.net::51
U:services.just4fun.net:*:*

I start my server and the services with
/home/user/ircd/bin/ircd
/home/user/services/services

But once I connect there is no NickServ or ChanServ connected. I got them to connect once, but can't remember how/why. Nevertheless, when I type /ns help for example, i get the response:
" NickServ :Services is currently down. Please wait a few moments, and then try again."

Can someone help me find out what's wrong?

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:29:14 AM »

Hi,

Firstly, I'd change the RemoteServer line to that of the IP it listens on rather than localhost (just to eliminate loopback misconfiguration). Also, the ServerName should be services.just4fun.net NOT server.just4fun.net.

Give that a try.

Also, /ns etc won't work unless you have configured IRCd aliases. Try /msg nickserv help.

.19 doesn't exist, so I can only guess its either .14 or .9. If the latter (.9), I would seriously recommend an upgrade to 1.7.14.

fantasma

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:16:32 PM »

Hello again

Things are working pretty good right now.

Chaz, thank you very much for your support. It gave me some basic knowledge I didn't have. I also found out that I had done something wrong with the config files while trying to edit them. To get things working I had to reinstall both PTLink and Anope (1.7.14 btw)
and edited only the necessary directives. I let all default names and passwords with care that they were the same in both config files.

Well no I've seen it and tasted it, I am able to edit things and see what happens. I'll store my config files in a golden backup safe :)

Thank you guys in irc.anope.org #anope for the help too. And congratulatios to the staff that makes anope such an easy tool to use with all the support they offer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up