Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vhost improvement  (Read 8916 times)

Slutwig

• Anope User
Vhost improvement
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:02:28 PM »

Well, basicly, i'm looking for a module (or something else) which will do what i do manually.

Automatically gives vhost like <ident>@regnick.rank.network.net

Where the regnick is the reg nick of the user.

This will be nice to have this at the IDENTIFY command.

IRCops could choose different group for user as rank.

Lambda user gets user, and upon levels or other, get mod, op or whatever the ircop choose.

I don't really know how this could be done, finally this a usefull tool in srvx.

Thanks.

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:34 PM »

There is a module called hs_nethost which will set the HostServ host of newly registered nicks to <nick>.user.network.tld. The Srvx implementation only allows you to customize the part before the network name if I remember correctly. Anope's implementation of vHosts allows full customization. IRCops can just set the updated host mask as opposed to just setting a rank/group.

rassi

• Anope User
    • http://eroin.org
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 10:37:12 PM »

Slutwig

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 10:52:08 PM »

Thanks for your answers.

hs_nethost will suit my needs, but how can I be sure that this will run on 1.7.18 ...

I could try anyway ...

Slutwig

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 11:32:22 PM »

well, http://www.anope.org/modules/hs_autohost.c , this one is working but how to define groups ... that's another story :)

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 12:13:36 AM »

hs_nethost works fine too on 1.7.18... use it on my net
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »

well, the main flaw of this module is that when users having/using a nick with special chars example: My^Example|Nick registered a nick on the network, it cannot automatically sets a vhost for them because it contains special chars. Other than that, it is good ^^
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »

This type of hostmasking also creates other problems, such as banning users with clients/scripts that automaticlly choose ban mask types since they are dynamic. Since it's a hostname, a dynamic ban using the very popular banmask type 3, which is *!*users@*.host.tld, will affect ALL the users in your channel that have your *.users.network.tld type mask. Even Anope uses ban mask types for dynamic bans.

IMHO this type of hostmangling is a very nasty hack. Conventional hosts as used by HostServ and the more popular hostmasking is a better option as far as that goes and alot of users prefer to custom hostmasks anyway.

sapphire

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 09:05:36 PM »

couldn't this be done by the user if you use a module that provides a #vhost channel? It would seem like that could help fix the problem katsklaw mentioned :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up