Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ns status revision  (Read 6220 times)

katsklaw

ns status revision
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:33:10 PM »

How about changing the output for ns status to actually mean something to humans?

Currently it returns a numeric value from 0-3, but how about including something more detailed like what those numbers mean? If you don't have the numerical values memorized (like I'm sure everyone does ;P~) you have to then do /ns help status to get the definition. Lets just place it in the output in the first place.

-NickServ- STATUS katsklaw 3

vs

-NickServ- STATUS katsklaw 3 - user recognized as owner via password identification

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 09:09:35 PM »

Nice, i second it :)
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »

The NS STATUS command is meant to be easily parsed by bots (that's also why it repeats STATUS in the front). It's not really designed to be something for human beings. It's sometimes a nice diagnostic tool however, so this could be done in 1.9.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »

Originally posted by GeniusDex
The NS STATUS command is meant to be easily parsed by bots (that's also why it repeats STATUS in the front). It's not really designed to be something for human beings. It's sometimes a nice diagnostic tool however, so this could be done in 1.9.

Correct, as why I left the number in my example, so bots can still parse 0-3 and humans can read the text after.
Pages: [1]   Go Up