Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autovoicer  (Read 5602 times)

P2P-Fire

Autovoicer
« on: January 07, 2007, 09:14:34 PM »

I run an IRC Network, and use Anope.

This is probably already a module, or has already been suggested (but I am too lazy to look)

What I would like to see is an autovoicer, so when someone enters a room the botserv bot voices them.

Also, if a person is on the room's HOP/AOP/SOP list it doesn't voice them....

You can also add entries to a nonvoice list, so it won't voice specific nicknames.

I'm currently using Anope 1.7.17 because I see no reason to upgrade as of yet.  No Errors, No Bugs, No Freezes, it's perfect.

If I saw this added to a development version, I would upgrade!

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 01:19:12 AM »

well you wont see it added to the development version because of a feature freeze, even then we are very picky about what goes into the core. There are several bugs in .17 .. that is of course why .18 exists.

secondly, it's not wize to tell people that you are too lazy to look up something .. in most cases people that can help you would find themselves too lazy to reply.

Third you can do this by disabling xop and using levels.

P2P-Fire

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 02:52:50 AM »

So what you are saying is, if I enabled levels....I can set it so every user who enters gets a voice automatically?

Hmm...may just have to do that...heh

And my apologies for the "lazy" thing.  I didn't mean it as lazy, but more as dead-tired.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 03:55:25 AM »

Originally posted by P2P-Fire
So what you are saying is, if I enabled levels....I can set it so every user who enters gets a voice automatically?

Hmm...may just have to do that...heh

And my apologies for the "lazy" thing.  I didn't mean it as lazy, but more as dead-tired.

Yes just set the autovoice level to -1, this will voice everyone, those that you wish not to voice that are not on the voice, halfop or op list can be added to level -2 and they won't be voiced.

I didn't mean to sound harsh if you took it that way .. it's just that after hanging out in the help channel and I see users too lazy to read the docs but demand us to answer their questions ..

P2P-Fire

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 05:48:09 AM »

It's alright..and thanks.

I've never really messed with the access list system too much.

Never a better time tho.

*goes back to fighting with Fedora Core 6 hoping for it to install*
Pages: [1]   Go Up