Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A way for converting to different EncModule's (read before you disregard)  (Read 38841 times)

CuttingEdge

Any news regarding the 1.8.0 version?

Naram Qashat

• Team
    • CBX's Sprite Animations

I've heard nothing about it, but I can tell you that for 1.9.x, we have a pending patch from DukePyrolator that'll be part of the core.  It's only pending because I'm waiting for more devs other than myself to look over the patch before committing it.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor

Hadn't really had anyone ask about the functionality in 1.8 but if there's enough interested parties it might be doable given Adam has just completed an atheme > anope converter for 1.8 with encryption etc.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:44:12 PM by Charles Kingsley »

Jan Milants

• Team

I present my thesis on monday.. after that I hope to have a bit more time...  :)
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor

Be good to see more of you again Jan, good luck :)

Jan Milants

• Team

ok.. I ve been looking at how far an update was and it seems it was almost complete before I had to put it in the freezer.. the only thing I need to finish is a new feature which allows you to keep track of which passwords have been converted and which haven't..

once finished I will need people to test it though as I am not at home and I only have my laptop here.. so no test systems or VMs to play around in...

Jan Milants

• Team

I finished 1.1 which should work with anope 1.8, however since I'm not at home in Belgium I can't do all the testing myself..
So I need some volunteers to try it out on a testnet or so...

Taylor

• Contributor

I don't have a testnet but my net is using enc_none  so It wouldn't be harmful to test it switching to end_md5  I don't mind testing i keep backups for weeks so no worries there
Cronus
irc.cncirc.net
http://CnCIRC.net

lavinpj1

Re: A way for converting to different EncModule's (read before you disregard)
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »

Any update on this? I have a 1.8 test net with some 3000 registered users which this module can be tested on. Fed up of enc_old and really want it converted.

Phil

lavinpj1

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 02:49:12 AM »

Well I found v1.1 at http://81.11.186.179:6662/~viper/enc_switchover.c - Google is my friend. I loaded it onto the test net and had a few people log out and in. Their hashes updated correctly in nick.db - so winhex tells me, anyway. We did some php -r 'echo sha1("pass");' outputs to compare and it appears to be hashing into sha1 correctly.

After restarting services without the module the users who identified with it loaded can identify correctly under the new encmodule.

Phil

lavinpj1

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2009, 05:28:04 PM »

Quick update to this. We've tested it further and it works fine for converting passwords. However, if a user with an unconverted password tries to do something to their nick, it fails - e.g. NS GHOST, NS GROUP, etc.

Not a massive issue on our net (700odd users) but I can see it causing issues on larger nets and bombarding support with people complaining they can't group, ghost, etc.

Phil

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »

I will look into hooking the module to a bit more commands to avoid these issues if possible..

and i thought i had already published 1.1 on the modules site, but apparently that s not the case.. will make the changes and publish it.

CoreDuo

• Anope User

I will look into hooking the module to a bit more commands to avoid these issues if possible..

and i thought i had already published 1.1 on the modules site, but apparently that s not the case.. will make the changes and publish it.

Any updates on this? 1.0 is still on the modules site.

OverlordQ

• Anope User

Yea, is there any update to this? I remember asking a *long* time ago and nice to see it was actually worked on.

Jan Milants

• Team

I originally planned to add conversion for the broken windows sha1 to the corrrect *nix sha1, but don't have enough time atm to do proper testing on that...

but yes I do have a (supposedly) working copy on my HD, but since my employer dumped me in India I lack the resource to properly test anything..
I am not sure about posting a module that hasn't been properly tested on the modules site.. If there are any takers, that are willing to try 1.2, i ve attached it to this post.. if someone can report to me whether it works I ll add it to the modules site..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up