Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRC Stats  (Read 9682 times)

Sakkath

IRC Stats
« on: December 06, 2006, 02:05:46 PM »

You guys should have a way of generating HTML IRC stats, valid xhtml and css and such, NeoStats is just hell and Denora (GNU Thales) fails everytime there is a netsplit.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »

Denora isnt Thales....  and have you tried reporting the bug to them? :)

[Edited on 6-12-2006 by Rob]

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 04:32:40 PM »

If Denora fails everytime there is a netsplit i suggest you try reporting it as a bug so it can be fixed instead of moaning about it and using it as an excuse to demand a package collect stats when its not designed to even steal with stats of any kind. Plus this would put extra load on Anope and would increase Anope's memory usage.

Im sorry if i sounded rude but Anope is a services package not a stats package.

[Edited on 6-12-2006 by Jobe1986]
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 01:11:53 AM »

I'd make sure denore had a uline on all servers before reporting this as a bug :)

Sakkath

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »

I never even personally ran Denora, I just heard a lot about it.  My friend who knows the UnrealIRCd protocol like the back of his hand is coding a php stats server as an alternative and he was the one to tell me bad things about Denora.  I thought Denora was the project that was a pickup of GNU Thales?

Whatever, Anope is modular and it could be included as modules, maybe like a StatServ module or just enabled at compile time, who knows, it was just an idea, jeesh, sorry for being creative.

It would increase the Anope load but still if you have Anope + Denora the load is still the same as just Anope with stats, or at least similar, no? :-p.

I'll just hang in there until my friend's project, Blackbox gets the stats section all good and working :).

By the way, Denora's website doesn't even work at the moment, obviously their SF project page is OK though.

SpaceDoG

• Anope User
    • http://www.hypermutt.net
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 04:37:20 PM »

I haven't had any issues with Denora and there have been times where i have split my net on purpose... I use phpDenora in conjunction with Denora for http://chat.hypermutt.net/stats Seems to work just fine for me and my users.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 05:45:20 PM »

Originally posted by Sakkath
It would increase the Anope load but still if you have Anope + Denora the load is still the same as just Anope with stats, or at least similar, no? :-p.

Not at all... the load on the CPU may increase, but since Anope is single threaded, the more anope has to do, the more it slows down its core functionality and other things like fe nickserv identify etc... so it s best to keep those things in 2 seperate programs..

[Edited on 7-12-2006 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Sakkath

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 01:06:09 PM »

Originally posted by Viper
Originally posted by Sakkath

Not at all... the load on the CPU may increase, but since Anope is single threaded, the more anope has to do, the more it slows down its core functionality and other things like fe nickserv identify etc... so it s best to keep those things in 2 seperate programs..

[Edited on 7-12-2006 by Viper]

Aye, thanks for a non-bitter answer, excuse my ignorance.

Perhaps another program you guys could make?  I'm pretty sure you'd say no :-).  NeoStats has services and statistics as two seperate programs but ew it's horrible it's so buggy :-p.

Could you, non-violently, explain the difference between single- and multi- threaded? :-).  I sort of know, being as it allows more than one thing to happen at once, but that's about all I [think] I know.

[Edited on 8-12-2006 by Sakkath]

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 01:56:32 PM »

If its single threaded it can, as you said, only do one thing at a time.  As such, while it is writing out stats to a html page, it will be ignoring users who /msg it :)

Denora originally took anope as a base id suggest looking at that for a stats program along the lines of something we could make ;)

Sakkath

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 02:27:40 AM »

If my buddy's blackbox doesn't turn out to be a success I guess I'll turn to Denora and phpDenora :-).

Sorry :-).
Pages: [1]   Go Up