Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: killclones command  (Read 7900 times)

mad_dog

killclones command
« on: December 04, 2006, 03:27:15 PM »

the /msg operserv killclones Nick  command isnt functioning. I have checked and the os_killclones module is in the core module list. Seems like it has been working since we loaded it but maybe I'm wrong here. I get this error:
 -OperServ- Unknown command killclones.  "/msg OperServ HELP" for help.
 any suggestions would be great.
thanks

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 03:43:48 PM »

What version of Anope are you running?

mad_dog

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 03:53:18 PM »

Version 1.7.17
on Unreal 3.2.5

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 04:06:19 PM »

The killclone module was removed from the core modules on anope-1.7.17 version.

[Edited on 4-12-2006 by n00bie]
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

mad_dog

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »

ok... Is the old module from 1.7.13 compatible with 1.7.17 ?
:)

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 04:33:13 PM »

Since i personally don't tried that yet, i can't answer that, sorry ;)
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

mad_dog

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 04:58:52 PM »

thanks... Tried it and a no go :(
will try to do something else if i cant get it to work, or reload the older version

SpaceDoG

• Anope User
    • http://www.hypermutt.net
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 06:22:31 PM »

Why not just do /os session list # and then just gzline that IP? You could also do a /who +i (IP  here) to get a list of users with that IP on Unreal.

[Edited on 4-12-2006 by SpaceDoG]

mad_dog

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 07:06:51 PM »

We have used the killclones for yrs now and had a few things set up to use that function, as it used the default akill time and had its own reason given. I suppose we can set things up differently, make a few aliases etc. Just miss that during an attack is all as was helpful. We will have to adjust to the changes.

SpaceDoG

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 07:12:29 PM »

Well you could just use OperServ's session limits limiting each user to 5 connections as well as Unreal's built in session limiter.

mad_dog

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 07:22:55 PM »

we do have that implemented, however, when you get 300+ clones from various IP's it doesnt do very much good and you pretty much have to rely on the trigger finger to kill them off.

SpaceDoG

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 07:36:17 PM »

What kind of clones are they? (mIRC clones or other bots?) Do you have anit-spoof enabled on Unreal?

Code: [Select]

*** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong F46C7A28 or /raw pong F46C7A28 now.

^ the above is an example of an anti-spoof message... I think there's some Unreal modules which might be able to help you. What kind of attack are the clones performing? (flooding, connect, or join?)

mad_dog

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 08:07:26 PM »

we have anti-spoof enabled and its mirc scripts usually. they connect slow sometimes, other times fast, sometimes join channels, sometimes not, usually flood or flood users off. sometimes flood themselves off in the process and reconnect and repeat again.
We will adjust to the changes but Killclones is a function we will miss

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 08:12:40 PM »

ZLINE ????

mad_dog

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 08:33:53 PM »

ZLINE????

Originally posted by mad_dog
We have used the killclones for yrs now and had a few things set up to use that function, as it used the default akill time and had its own reason given. I suppose we can set things up differently, make a few aliases etc. Just miss that during an attack is all as was helpful. We will have to adjust to the changes.

The Speed of killclones was nice and need of less info is what I am refering to, which a zline requires more of and takes more time. When getting hundreds of client connects per minute with all different ip's it takes longer to eliminate them not having killclones. When I am working on another PC and look at my irc PC and the status screen is rolling, disk quota being ate up by a lamer connecting and reconnecting 300+ clients/bots/drones, flooding off users: Killclones. They Gone. But as I have said, We will adjust to not having it.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 08:58:29 PM »

...with all different ip's...

... Killclones. They Gone.....

these two contradict one another...
either they all come from different IPs in which case killclones is completely useless, either there are many from the same IP, in which case a (G)ZLINE on that IP would do the trick as well...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

mad_dog

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 09:25:09 PM »

I'm sorry you didn't understand or were unable to visualize what I was getting at. Allow me to clarify this so you have a better understanding of what I was trying to illustrate: Just for an Example: lets say 300 clients, 3 per ip, others get session killed over 3. Thats 100 (G)ZLINES. So if you have 300 ip's, thats 900 clients/bots/clones and 300 (G)ZLINES.

Speed...
Syntax: /os killclones [nick]

No Speed...
Syntax: /msg OperServ  SZLINE ADD [+expiry] mask reason
or /gline [nick] [expiry] [reason]

As I have continued to say, we will adjust to the loss of the killclones command, we have made aliases to compensate for the loss of this feature.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 12:27:18 AM »

If im not mistaken a sudden mass connection of say 300 clients an an ideal situation to use DefCon to akill all new connections automatically. Then set defcon back to 5 when its stopped.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 12:35:11 AM »

killclones was old, too rigid and WAY out of date. It was replaced by session limits which is far superior to killclones.

killclones is so old that it's very easy to kill innocent users with it. The shortcomings of killclones is what session limits has overcome. Session limits does everything killclones did and alot more.

But beyond that .. your IRCd has the power to stop clones to start with and has just as much configuration (or rather the lack of).

In your allow block you can add maxperip which is better than killclones because it doesn't allow more than the max users to even connect, unlike killclones that can't act until the users connect THEN disconnect them.

maxperip (optional, but recommended)
Allows you to specify how many connections per IP are allowed to this server (ex: maxperip 4;).

Far superior to maxperip as far as configuration abilities is session limiting.

Also killclones only acts on clones (users from the same IP), it cannot nor does not scan uses from multiple IPs because those are not clones.

[Edited on 4-12-2006 by katsklaw]
Pages: [1]   Go Up