Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scrolling taskbar / windows username + irc  (Read 6252 times)

AudiAddict

Scrolling taskbar / windows username + irc
« on: April 20, 2007, 09:05:01 PM »

We have unreal 3.2.5 + Anope 7.x

I have two questions :

1) When a new message is typed in one of our channels, is there a way to make the window (internet explorer) flash?

As far as I know this isn't possible due to the changes in IE7. Another idea would be a Javascript code that would make the window name move or  trigger?

Anybody have any idea's on how to get this done?

So in short, I need some kind of notification (no pop up) that someone has said something in one of the chatrooms.

We are not using a irc client, but a web based cgi/irc internet explorer login

2) We would like to use chanserv to allow certain users from our activie directory to join channel A. And other users to join Channel B.

Anybody have an idea on how to get the current logged in username (windows xp, active directory user) to automaticaly login to the ircd server (webbased) with the same windows user? If we can script that, I can set the usernames in the chanserv/nickserv section?

My Final plan is :

- User logs in on our domain, (username / password)
- A login script is used to open the internet explorer ircd page
- login information from the current logged in windows user is copied in the username/password field
- user logs in to the channels which belong to his username

Anybody have any suggestions on how to do the above? Is there anyway to script a autologon script like this? So use current logged in user account info and login with that on irc and also get it to go a certain channel?

I have 300 users, so I can't just make a login script by myself for each user with /connect /join channel etc.

[Edited on 20-4-2007 by AudiAddict]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:21:52 PM »

moving to General Chat as this has nothing to do with Anope.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:58:10 AM »

most of what you said can be "easily" done either through the active directory login script or through asp .net which has a few libs to access the windows domain and username data and stuff.... the password isn't stored though, just the username and a ticket, which is enough to identify the user through ldap...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

AudiAddict

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:53:03 PM »

Thanks for the info Viper.

Although I have no clue on where to start with the provided info. Don't know much about programming in asp.

What about the scrolling taskbar or flashing windows (CGI IRC)
when there is a new post?

It's pretty annoying that people forget to open the window when we give an answer to a question which has been asked on the irc channel. Any idea's on how to easily program some kind of notice?

Module of some sort?

Last two questions:

- Possible to run a botserv with trigger commands? Make the bot say a certain line of text when a user says help (trigger)

- We currently use a nickserv to register users, then we still have to type !op to give op on a certain channel.

Is it possible to have chanserv automaticaly give the op rights after a nick identify command? I've tried auto op etc, all no go.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 03:55:41 PM »

as far as the auto-op goes, enable NSModeOnID in the services.conf file. Yes, it's possible for a module to make botserv trigger on channel traffic, search the modules site. http://modules.anope.org/index.php or http://www.anope.org/modules/

As far as your flashing/beeping issue ... no, Anope can't make up for the lack of features in your IRC client. It also can't make users PC's do things either.

To be frank, if your irc client doesn't do what you want, you will either have to deal with it or choose another client. sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up