Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: os_autologchan and ircd_vhostserv  (Read 6831 times)

Malcolm

• Anope User
os_autologchan and ircd_vhostserv
« on: February 11, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »

Hello all.

Very much I ask those who can recompiled these two modules under anope 1.8.0.1899 for windows

I shall be very grateful!

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
Re: os_autologchan and ircd_vhostserv
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 03:44:05 PM »

Upto Module authors, although i have successfully compiled ircd_vhostserv for anope-1.8.0, if you want to pm, or n00bie wants to pm for it :)
I tried the autologchan, it wouldnt compile.

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:31:41 PM »

os_autologchan is so poorly coded that it will not work with Windows, how it was allowed to be part of the mod web site is just poor qa practice

my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:32:51 PM »

os_autologchan is so poorly coded that it will not work with Windows, how it was allowed to be part of the mod web site is just poor qa practice

Well... there s no QA control of modules at all atm.. never has been. QA validation of modules was planned long ago I think, but as far as I know it s never been put into practice.
Would be willing to give it a go, but I don't think the validation part of the modules site was ever even finished..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 01:39:40 AM »

The QA standards were set by the dev team, namely Rob. Any prior attempt made while GeniusDex was project lead was explained as the standards was not complete yet. I've asked a few times about this and finally chose to just spearhead QA and get it started however I wanted to wait for 1.8 stable to be released and as we all know I resigned before that happened.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 06:39:13 AM »

With the amount of modules coming in it's very difficult to implement a QA (Team) Approved platform for several reasons namely time, and experience of module authoring within the team.

Whilst we all know there are limitations of the modsite (some quite significant) we are working on this, whether it's redesigned differently, or whether we finish the broken bits what we are considering is a means of community approving modules whereby trusted (respectfully approved?) authors such as yourself Trystan will 'vote'/'comment' in a different colour to the end user's thus hopefully showing a more granular perspective of a module instead of users giving it 5 stars because it simply 'works' for them not knowing it's leaking like an old bath tub.

This will help everyone as it will not create a bottleneck (the team itself) but will allow those who are genuinely interested and respected within the community to approve code/modules separately to those (who are still very important) who just use the module.

Over the last few weeks we've addressed a lot of issues with the current web platform and have introduced some automation to build docgen/doxy for both branches each night to reduce the likeliness of stale documentation being around, and started the ball rolling on how to better embrace the needs of our community with the forum/wiki/etc and over the coming weeks, links will be drawn and development pushing forward.

We would of course welcome any input from the community on what they'd like to see, and more than anything from those who are interested in helping maintain it as whilst Rome wasn't built in a day, it would have been done a lot faster if interested parties helped!

Until then, enjoy your day folks.

MrStonedone

• Anope User
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 06:27:01 PM »

maybe some more constructive criticism, instead of just rudely bashing a module. seeing as how i based it off of the sample module found all over the wiki and adding a logchan 1; i don't see how its poorly coded. it doesn't even trigger warnings last time i checked.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:28:42 PM by MrStonedOne »

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:10 PM »

<Rob> well its missing an AnopeFini but like...
<Rob> ( that would stop it working on winodws )
<Rob> but it isnt a big deal

There you go.

Adam

• Team
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »

I haven't tested them yet on windows, but I think they will work.
http://adam.anope.org/ircd_vhostserv.dll
http://adam.anope.org/os_autologchan.dll
Pages: [1]   Go Up